cmulli4

Women’s records/swooping

cmulli4

You are right about changing sex to win. However someone that was a competitor and has changed their sex has now decided that he will take the female records. So it is after the fact. It’s a moot point in this instance because said person can’t beat her, however in my opinion a precedence of this should not be set.

You are vastly underestimating what goes into transitioning genders far enough to meet legal requirements.

LeeroyJenkins

***You are right about changing sex to win. However someone that was a competitor and has changed their sex has now decided that he will take the female records. So it is after the fact. It’s a moot point in this instance because said person can’t beat her, however in my opinion a precedence of this should not be set.

You are vastly underestimating what goes into transitioning genders far enough to meet legal requirements.

And completely ignoring the fact that by the time everything is done, the hormones the 'changed to female' is taking have altered the musculature that any former advantage is diminished to the point that the advantage is gone.

http://www.excellesports.com/news/trans-athletes-unfair-advantage-sports/
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

>However someone that was a competitor and has changed their sex has now decided
>that he will take the female records.

Well, she might try to break female records, yes. She'd have to compete with other female swoopers who might be 6'4" and weigh 240lbs*, so I don't see how she would "take the female records."

(* or 5'6" and 240 lbs, which would be even harder to beat.)

It was clarified at the USPA BOD meeting. First, FIA has (as far as I know) redacted any opinion. So there is no opinion as far as FIA goes. Second, USPA has confirmed that a drivers license is sufficient. Also...any competitor may anonymously submit a complaint, which will be reviewed. I can’t remember who it’s reviewed by, either the BOD or competition committee. So that’s how it stands now.