Elpnor

G3 mouth piece and grellfab

Anyone jumping a g3 without the mouthpiece material? Does it really matter? I have a new g3 and it isn't as comfortable as my g2. I have a huge head and thinking about the aero xxl instead. I want to attach a grellfab chin mount, and the one on the aero seems more sturdy. I'm too tall to have little pointy things on my head like the cool kids do. Anyone want to chime in on aero vs g3 or chin mount on both would be appreciated. I'll leave my visor sticker on for a bit while I contemplate life's difficulties.

I‘ve been using my G3 without the mouth piece from day one. You might experience more fogging when exhaling through your mouth in colder temperatures but other than that no difference for me.

What I did notice with the liner is that it settles after a few month of use at at least half a size bigger.

I don‘t like neither the chin mount on the G3 nor the one on the Aero. A light unintentional bump of a fellows foot during exit and you can count yourself lucky if it‘s still there.
-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends

The thread below show an alternative to the Grellfab that I think is worth considering.

I don‘t like neither the chin mount on the G3 nor the one on the Aero. A light unintentional bump of a fellows foot during exit and you can count yourself lucky if it‘s still there.

The videos on this site show the mount being severely dislodged, knocked out of position as if it was kicked. The mount just springs back into place when released. Does the Grellfab not do this? I think the ability for it to dislodge and spring back mean if the mount does snag something, it might clear on its own compared to a “hard” mount that can’t be dislodged. It also means less force will be transferred from a severe hit or snag to the camera mount.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4891037#4891037
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am