Elpnor

Latch problems with g3

So my new g3 helmet is being a bit schizoid on the latch. When I close it, sometimes it shuts tight, other times it seems to be in place, but if I put a finger under the bottom lip, I can open the visor with only marginal pressure. Is this a common g3 problem? It seems likely it would still stay in place on a jump, but I've never had this issue with my g2. Any easy fixes? Thanks all

Sounds like the springs might be loose. The springs in the G3 are basically rubber o-rings, and when they get too stretched out the visor acts as you describe.

In my experience, the springs last quite a while so long as the visor is not left open. If you leave the visor open for an extended period (e.g. for days at a time) the springs can get loose. Sometimes just leaving the visor closed for an extended period gives the springs time to rejuvenate. If not, they need to be replaced.

Since your helmet is new, if leaving it closed for a while doesn't resolve the problem, a call/email to Cookie is probably the best plan.

Thanks Ian and Dave. It's nice to know those bands are replaceable if my g3 develops this problem down the road again. But since I don't want to have a helmet that worries me, I'll return it to chutingstar and get a replacement.

Sounds like one of the springs broke. I had one break on my first jump. Just get new ones. I replaced the stock ones with the white 'freefly' springs/ bands which are a bit stronger and I havent had an issue and the helmet is still easy to open even with the stronger springs.