kullboys

Tandom baglock

Good luck to you. You're going to need it to recover that main.

My personal experience (and road to it) might help you, although I was unsuccesful in the end. I chopped my main on a jump last year while it was still in the bag (pilot chute malfunction). Chopped it at 13kft (CRW jump) in conditions of very light winds (5kts uppers). My freebag was found approximately 1,5km downwind of where I chopped, and I estimate that the main fell down pretty much in a straight line. Unfortunately, I was over a piece of forest with pretty severe undergrowth, so no luck even after extensive searching.

If the drogue was operational, then it will have drifted some more, but I still suspect it won't drift very far at all. Likely no further than the freebag.

I would start with trying to gather as much info as possible. Where (as accurately as possible) was the chop? How high was the chop? What exactly where the winds doing on that day (local met office maybe)? From there, estimate a most likely area where it's in, and start searching.

What kind of system? For example the strong drogue stays fully inflated and with only 25 0r 30 lb under it would come down very slow. Sorry don't have any kind of number. Vector on the other hand partially collapses on drogue release and wouldn't drift as far. Call the company, they might have a number on decent rate.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

There's a spotting Ap in which you can input the winds aloft and get it to spit out the probable landing location. That said, knowing where it was chopped more important, you'll need to walk the entire wind line but if there were cross winds it's not likely you will never see the tandem again.

Spot Assist is the Ap.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher