landersohn

Shippng AAD with USPS

I have continued issues shipping AADs for maintenance with y local post office. The dude at the counter seems on a power trip and refuses to ship AADs because they contain "explosives"
My question: does anybody else have similar issues and does anyone know which postal regulations actually apply to an AAD?

Thanks all

landersohn

I have continued issues shipping AADs for maintenance with y local post office. The dude at the counter seems on a power trip and refuses to ship AADs because they contain "explosives"
My question: does anybody else have similar issues and does anyone know which postal regulations actually apply to an AAD?

Thanks all

How does the "dude at the counter" know what is in the package? He could only know if you talked it up to him. At that point he has no knowledge except for what you have told him. Buy your postage online. Put the thing in the mailbox. Don't go looking for problems and they won't find you.

I ship them both by Canada Post and USPS all the time.

Yeah, what Gowler said, how does the guy even know?? Sure, now he does, so you have to get around him or fool him.

And it's not an explosive automatic activation device. For customs purposes for example, for those of us who have sent such things internationally, it's an "aeronautical navigation appliance" in the harmonized tariff code system.

I've never actually seen SSK publish much about shipping Cypres' internally in the US, which is a bit odd, but likely because normally it is never a problem.

And don't start telling the post office guy about the lithium batteries! :)