andrewjschutz

1 or 2 Pin AAD on 2001 Infinity?

Hey all. I just recently purchased a used rig without an AAD and want to put one in on its next reserve pack, but I am too inexperienced to know what to buy.

The container is Northern Lite Infinity I22 DOM 2001. The reserve(if this is irrelevant, please ignore) is a PD 126 DOM 1999.

I have done quite a bit of searching but seem to have found one source saying one pin, and another source saying 2. If anybody can please shed some light on this that'd be awesome!

RiggerLee

Frankly if you know that little about it you should really get it sent to a local rigger to make sure it's the right rig for you. Their's more to this then just picking some thing out of an add column.

Lee

I appreciate the concern. The experience I currently have is sufficient enough to determine what rig is right for me, but I am currently learning the complexities of rigs and how everything works hence my inexperience in the matter. I thought it was a much better idea to get the information myself instead of blindly taking it to rigger for them to solve.

Hi Andrew,

I agree with Rigger Lee, if it is an Infinity container it will be a 1-pin.
on you profile there is no jump numbers. how many jumps do you have? what is your exit weight? the reason for asking is because of the PD126 reserve size. are you sure that it is suitable for you considering it is quiet small??

Rodger

andrewjschutz

***Frankly if you know that little about it you should really get it sent to a local rigger to make sure it's the right rig for you.

I thought it was a much better idea to get the information myself instead of blindly taking it to rigger for them to solve.

The best learning experience could be to simply take it to your local rigger ;)

irishrigger

Hi Andrew,

I agree with Rigger Lee, if it is an Infinity container it will be a 1-pin.
on you profile there is no jump numbers. how many jumps do you have? what is your exit weight? the reason for asking is because of the PD126 reserve size. are you sure that it is suitable for you considering it is quiet small??

Rodger

I filled in some info on my profile there. Exit weight is about 150-155 depending on what weights I use. Maybe less since this new rig is quite smaller than my last. Main is 119 Safire.

ChrisHoward

******Frankly if you know that little about it you should really get it sent to a local rigger to make sure it's the right rig for you.

I thought it was a much better idea to get the information myself instead of blindly taking it to rigger for them to solve.

The best learning experience could be to simply take it to your local rigger ;)

Agreed. That came out wrong. I'll be asking questions until they kick me out tired of hearing it. It's just something as simple as how many pins was hard to find and to wait til the weekend to ask would make it that much longer until I can even search the market for an AAD.

I'm grateful for the help fellas!

It seems odd to me that you say "The experience I currently have is sufficient enough to determine what rig is right for me" but you don't seem to have the knowledge to lift up the reserve flap and count the number of pins. You might not know as much as you think. Some time with your rigger and instructors would be well spent.

Blue Skies

bill6870

It seems odd to me that you say "The experience I currently have is sufficient enough to determine what rig is right for me" but you don't seem to have the knowledge to lift up the reserve flap and count the number of pins. You might not know as much as you think. Some time with your rigger and instructors would be well spent.

You're right. I don't know shit. What I do know is what fits, and what I can land. I don't know how I can be any more clear than that my friend.

Have safe and be fun! I wish you many years of healthy skydiving. My one piece of advice is to get to know your gear, your life depends on it. The skydiving world needs people like you so please take the important steps to make sure you are around for many years to come. I apologize if my reply came off as harsh, I didn't mean it that way. I just want you to progress in a safe manner. I wish you all the best that this sport has to offer. It has served me well for the last 32 years and I hope it does the same for you.

Blue Skies

bill6870

Have safe and be fun! I wish you many years of healthy skydiving. My one piece of advice is to get to know your gear, your life depends on it. The skydiving world needs people like you so please take the important steps to make sure you are around for many years to come. I apologize if my reply came off as harsh, I didn't mean it that way. I just want you to progress in a safe manner. I wish you all the best that this sport has to offer. It has served me well for the last 32 years and I hope it does the same for you.

All good man, thanks. A few, including yours, came off as a bit condescending. I absolutely know how to lift my reserve tab and see the pin since I do that every time I turn on my AAD. Taking it out, putting it back together, and getting to know the intricacies on the other hand is a completely different story. I had literally no clue if there was another pin in there that I didn't have access to or just simply didn't know about. Seems like my best bet is to read more of the safety articles to get familiarized with what's going to save my life.

Their is absolutely nothing wrong with an honest question. Every one here will be happy to help you. Your questions tell us a lot about your experience level. Don't be embarrassed by that. We all start some where and the most important thing is that you are asking these questions. When we give you advice, like that you should spend some time with your local rigger learning about this or any gear that you are considering it's in that spirit of trying to help you. You need to sit down with him as he inspects it, takes it apart, see how it works, and how it's built.

And their are limits to what you can learn on the internet. We will help you, There are good resources here but it's no replacement to working with it with your own hands. Your best resources are always the ones right in front of you.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com