pchapman

"Tubular Retainer Band Failures" PIA advisory (for tube stow style elastics)

3 hours ago, sfzombie13 said:

i can't seem to find tubing that feels like a real tube stow.  the tubing i have is different.  i have yet to try the ones i made but another jumper did last year and they didn't work. 

I did not seek to repeat the original, our colleagues had such attempts. It turned out that the glued stows that can perform the PIA test unbound, serve less. They are weakened by strong glue.

On 11/8/2023 at 9:34 AM, Veis said:

I did not seek to repeat the original, our colleagues had such attempts. It turned out that the glued stows that can perform the PIA test unbound, serve less. They are weakened by strong glue.

There is no need for glue, never used it, and I've used and given out a lot.  Before inserting, "turn over" the tubing just a few mm and it will be much harder for it to come out.  If the joint is installed in the larkshead area where there is actually so little tension, I've never had one fail in that way.  

I only use tube stows or similar for the inner locking stows of the d-bag.  

(edited)
On 1/12/2024 at 8:43 PM, sundevil777 said:

There is no need for glue, never used it, and I've used and given out a lot.  Before inserting, "turn over" the tubing just a few mm and it will be much harder for it to come out.  If the joint is installed in the larkshead area where there is actually so little tension, I've never had one fail in that way.  

I only use tube stows or similar for the inner locking stows of the d-bag.  

Our dealers do not agree, they are sometimes approached by dissatisfied customers who have "tested" the strength of non-installed bands. Despite all the warnings...

Edited by Veis

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Veis said:

Our dealers do not agree, they are sometimes approached by dissatisfied customers who have "tested" the strength of non-installed stows. Despite all the warnings...

Why would testing the strength of non-installed stows make any sense?  They don't need to withstand stress until installed.  No glue is needed if made wisely, as proven by decades of personal experience.

Edited by sundevil777

3 minutes ago, sundevil777 said:

Why would testing the strength of non-installed stows make any sense?  They don't need to withstand stress until installed.  No glue is needed if made wisely, as proven by decades of personal experience.

Dealers want stronger glue, to protect against the fool. And users want the maximum resource - which is reduced by strong glue. That's the paradox ))

Dealer reviews are of two types:

1) jumped 100... 250, so far none has broken, everything is fine.
or:
2) the product is defective! My hands tore 8 pieces in a row, and I did not even install them, return my money, pests!

As you know, the second one is very bad for business. And many people forget to leave good reviews.