brainpoo2002

Night Jump LED's

So I did my second night jump last night and I loved it. I may do a few more. All we wore last night were glow sticks and bright strobes. I've seen video and images of people wearing like a string of LED's when they do night jumps. What are those called and where can i get some? I've attached a pic...hope it shows up. Thanks!

glow.png

Night jumps are just awesome, aren't they? Welcome to the select few of us who think they are wonderful instead of just "that terrifying thing you have to do to get your D license."

That picture is from the 40-way Night World Record in 2016. In that one and for the 2017 64-way Night World Record, these are the lights we used:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H78KAIA/
There are a lot of different colors.

The FAA also requires you to have at least one light that is visible for 3 statute miles, once you're under canopy. The ones we use at our dz for night jumps are these: http://www.nightgear.com/search.php?search_query=adventure%20lights%20guardian&section=product I have a red one and a white one. They are twist on-off and can be set either solid or flashing, though you have to flip the battery over to change the setting so you'll need to decide pre-jump which setting you want.

Black Skies! B|

Yup. There's a cool lady AFFI who used to work at my dz in Tennessee, and she was on both of those record night jumps. She took me up on my first AFF jump, a coach jump and my first night jump last year. In a way night jumps are scary, but the 2 I've done were so exhilarating, so fun and I felt super-focused and enjoyed every minute both times, even though my first landing was pretty rough. Last night's landing was way better. I would definitely like to do more of them, and will get more visible equipment. And that bike light is EXACTLY what i was looking for.

Thanks for the info!