kallend

Altitrack issue

My Altitrack has started behaving erratically. The battery is fine so it's not that.

The digital readouts on the back are OK, but the analog needle on the face goes (consistently) to the wrong place, about 4,700ft, when I turn the unit on.

If I remove and replace the battery, the needle ends up consistently around 16,000ft. If I reset the unit the needle goes all the way around the face and ends up consistenly in the wrong place.

I have discovered that the following sequence gets the needle to the zero: reset, turn the unit off, turn it on again. It then stays correct for the rest of the day, but after it shuts down, the next morning when I turn it on the needle goes back to 4,700ft

?????

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I have the same issue.... doesn’t zero without resetting it, and sometimes that doesn’t work. I never got around to contacting the manufacturer because I also have a Viso (plus I’m lazy and the king of procrastination)... and haven’t jumped in some time as well. I’ve heard of a few others with similar issues and L&B replaced it, charged just shipping and handling if I remember correctly.
Sun, Fun, and Blue Ones

Respect Existence, Or Expect Resistance!

It seems that there are a lot of Altitracks for sale, just from my observation of the classifieds over time. Is this an indication that people that liked the idea of getting the "best of both worlds" (digital and analog) were disappointed?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

You may very well be right. I would only be speculating, but maybe it was a bad run of hardware, or an overlooked software glitch. It worked flawlessly until it didn’t, and has been hit or miss ever since. In all fairness, I never contacted L&B, and I’ve only ever heard good things about their customer service. Also, there are a lot more altimeters on the market now, and people are always looking to get the next shiny new toy, myself included, lol.
Sun, Fun, and Blue Ones

Respect Existence, Or Expect Resistance!