thetreehugger

Stuffing into centre cells... wtf?

I've seen plenty of Sabres in Europe. Every weekend I see 3 or 4. But obviously they are not that popular anymore.

And yes, you can use Sabre 2 for everything. Not that I would recommended them for wingsuiting for instance (which is a specific kind of jump....), but it is not downright stupid. I flew Sabre 2s in different sizes for a few years, and the openings are far from being tricky. For sure they aren't on heading, but I don't recall having twists or wild openings ever on a Sabre 2.

I'm not sure if I agree with the slider placement in vid he was doing from side to side, 2nd pd does not recommend doing what he did to the nose.3, apocket slider is a nice idea, after about 150 jumps or so you'll start to see wear on the bartacks where the a & b line cascades are.
some of the things as a rigger I can suggest is P/c size, and F-111 vs zp, there are riggers who make dome or oversized sliders that work and also reline with dacron lines, they help absorb the opening shock.