pr3d4t0r

Advise: helmet for speed skydiving recommendations?

Greetings.

I'm looking for an optimal helmet for speed skydiving. So far I'm looking at:

* Bonehead AERO X
* Cookie G3

Main requirements:

* Aerodynamic performance
* Leak as little air as possible through the face shield (zero would be ideal)
* Tight seal around the neck
* Enough room for the ColorAlti inside the helmet
* Appropriate/comfortable for big honking heads (XL)

While the assumption that skydiving helmets would work best is in place, I suspect someone may know of a high performance, light, aerodynamic helmet from another sport/domain that may work. All suggestions welcome, I plan on contacting the manufacturers before engaging.

This speed skydiving helmet looks almost ideal, it might've been customized, can't figure out what it is. Please let me know if you recognize it.

Thanks in advance and blue skies!

pr3d4t0r
(Eugenio, Bay Area Skydiving home DZ)
Eugenio, home: Bay Area Skydiving, CA USA

This is not a good helmet for this purpose and it is not well made for skydiving either.
Jérôme Bunker
Basik Air Concept
www.basik.fr
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Luc-France/BASIK-AIR-CONCEPT/172133350468

Jérôme wrote:

This is not a good helmet for this purpose and it is not well made for skydiving either.

Agreed - we disqualified the Icarus 2000 4fight (in fact, the whole family of helmets from the company) earlier today.

The only ones that keep popping up are:

* Cookie G3 -- the company offers special speed skydiving springs and have outfitted several competitors.
* Bonehead AERO -- waiting for them to get back on Thursday to confirm that they have a speed skydiving version, specs, etc.

Unless we find a good viable alternative, so far the Cookie G3 seems to be the way to go.

Cheers!

pr3d

pr3d4t0r

Jérôme wrote:

Agreed - we disqualified the Icarus 2000 4fight (in fact, the whole family of helmets from the company) earlier today.

pr3d

I'm curious why? Because it actually is a protective helmet made of fiber glass with polystyrene lining, making it too heavy and to thick?
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

After evaluating all the helmets quoted here, I'm going with the Bonehead AERO with a smoke gray visor. The visor latching system will withstand speeds >= 450 km/h and a couple of speed skydiving competitors are using it.

I appreciate your feedback, will look for the Cookie G1 for international competition... whenever ISSA organizes a new one...

Everyone take care and blue skies!

pr3d4t0r