Shawn1983

Jumpsuit material

My wife and I are a few jumps away from our A license and looking for a jumpsuit she is small and about 125lbs im average 5'9" 180 muscular build not sure on our fall rates but I would like to be able to jump with her and not have to try too hard to stay with her seeing as we are new and all does anyone have and suggestions on manufactures and materials for the both of us

Just get measured by an experienced dealer and order from a larger established suit maker. Tell them you both want to skydive with average speed groups. They will know what to do. Your wife will probably need to wear a weight belt to be comfortable doing FS in groups.

Merlin made me a "slow" suit. I had grip handles and padded knees installed. They create a lot of drag. Seemed to do the trick. Other manufactures probably have similar designs to slow you down. As mentioned she may need to experiment with weight belts.

Get suits that fit. As long as you are both reasonably flexible there is no reason you shouldn’t be able to fly together given basic skills. The best married couple I know jumps 4-way together and they are 15 inches and 120 lbs apart in size.

Jumpsuits will help.

But, the better course of action is learning good fall rate control technique. We can adjust our fall rates with relatively small body position adjustments. Then when we are in the same ball park range - additional weight (belts/vest) can also be used to fine tune to fall rate.

Jumpsuit material and the design/cut of the suits can also help or make matters worse. Having a badly fitting jumpsuit be detrimental to what you are trying to achieve. ie. skin tight suit trying to fall slowly or baggy suit trying to fall fast. These examples are ones of bad fit which will make you life much harder. Dress for success. Depending upon who you are jumping with and what you are doing you may have multiple suits. As your skills get better you can then increase your range depending less upon jumpsuits.

I would fly together first and see how it goes with fall-rate. Also, make up your mind first what kind of jumps you want to do together.
A tight-fitting freefly suit without grippers might not be the best if you want to do belly FS. On the other hand booties (which I think are really nice for FS) will create challenges if you want to mainly freefly (I like them for tracking jumps...but I get a feeling they are considered uncool by that crowd)
As for manufacturers, I like BevSuits for how quickly they can deliver.