skow

Sabre 2 lines on Sabre 1

Hello,

I recently (finally!) obtained an original Sabre 1 canopy. I absolutely love it. However to make it even more perfect I'd like a vectran lineset for it. However that is impossible.

Has anybody tried a Sabre2 lineset on the original sabre? How's the difference?

skow

Hello,

I recently (finally!) obtained an original Sabre 1 canopy. I absolutely love it. However to make it even more perfect I'd like a vectran lineset for it. However that is impossible.

They are two different canopies. The original sabre is rectangular with all the lines the same length. The Sabre 2 is semi elliptical with different length lines depending on cell. If a rigger agreed to put sabre 2 lines on an original sabre you should run away and find a new rigger. And call the FAA. There is a mechanism short of pulling a license to reeducate FAA technical personnel. Do this could potential kill.

As said there are folks that will make you a set of lines for an original sabre out of whatever you want. Given recent discussions of hard openings the better choice might be dacron.:|
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

skow

Hello,

Not impossible.

Have you contacted to see if PD is willing to make you a vectran lineset for the original Sabre ?

Have you contact Pete Swan to see if he is ?
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?username=PeteS;