Chicago Area 30 Jun-3 July 18, Need Services!

All,

On Friday 29 June, I'm flying to Chicago-O'Hare from my current worksite in Italy, and I need THREE IMPORTANT RUSH SERVICES while I'm in the greater CHI area--

1) New 210 - 220 sf reserve put in my rig (Infinity/Velocity size I-55). Replaces obsolete Northern Lite Enterprises Raven-II.
2) New CYPRES unit in my rig (the first one died of old age while I was working overseas, and was removed)
3) Need to be measured for a new flightsuit. I also want some custom modifications (Mandarin collar instead of the usual knitted-cuff wristband thingie).

Please advise whether there is a loft in the area (SDC?) that can provide ALL THREE SERVICES on IMMEDAITE demand (will only be there for a few days and then have to hightail it back to Italy via ORD on 3 July). I want to go back to Italy with the first two and have the third mailed to me. Contact me here or PM me for my Italy phone number. Responses made here will determine whether I carry my rig with me from Marco Polo, or just jump rental gear while I'm there. DZ recommendations are also welcome. Attn Snohomish crew who may be reading this - I won't be making it to Seattle this trip, sorry.

Be advised I'm aware of surcharges for rush service. I can afford it. THANKS!
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Rock Sky Market at Skydive Chicago, is their onsite rigging loft.

Para Concepts is another rigging loft, located 1 mile from SDC.

Rock Sky Market has a second location at Chicagoland Skydiving Center, in Rochelle.

All are full service and offer rush service.

Call ahead and they will accommodate you gladly.
"I love when humans fly,"

You might try ParaGear. They're in Skokie.

Betsy Hoats works there (she has said this on here, so I'm not 'outing' her).
She's on here as Betzilla:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?username=betzilla;

Alternatively, Skydive Midwest is about 20 miles north of the WI/IL border, which is closer than SDC or CSC, depending on where you are in Chicago. There's no mention of the loft or rigging facilities on the site, but they have them.

https://skydivemidwest.com/
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

You might try ParaGear. They're in Skokie.

Betsy Hoats works there (she has said this on here, so I'm not 'outing' her).
She's on here as Betzilla:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?username=betzilla;

Alternatively, Skydive Midwest is about 20 miles north of the WI/IL border, which is closer than SDC or CSC, depending on where you are in Chicago. There's no mention of the loft or rigging facilities on the site, but they have them.

https://skydivemidwest.com/

Thanks for this B|;) Any boogies / events in the area between Sat 30 June and Monday 2 July? (I have to fly from ORD back to VCE on Tuesday eve 3 July but I might have time to get a jump or two in beforehand).

betzilla

PMing you, Mark.

Responded...thanks!

Dude blast from the past. You haven’t been on here in forever. Jumping in Europe. Bet that’s expensive. Blues
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

keithbar

Dude blast from the past. You haven’t been on here in forever. Jumping in Europe. Bet that’s expensive. Blues

Yup, been a while. Expensive? It depends. A hop-n-pop isn't too painful (and full altitude is FL 145 [~4300-4500m] at either 27 or 32 Euro ($32 - $38 at current exchange rates [and it was higher recently - ouch]), but Jet A in Italy not be cheap.

It's enough to stay current til I get back. Some day...I mean, it's Italy - what's not to like? B|:S At least it isn't Djibouti, or Kosovo, or Qatar, or Kuwait, or Bahrain... :S:S:S no skydiving in any of those places - not for me anyway.

I've returned to DZ.com because I gave up on Facebook - too intrusive and time-consuming. Zuckerberg's always after me Lucky Charms...:o:DB|

I'll be staying out of Speaker's Corner, though.

BSBD ;)