Volare500

Pro-Fly jumpsuits?

Newbie here!

I've seen this brand online but can barely find any info on them and don't know anyone who has one. They offer what they call an entry level FF suit that's mildly customizable, and the pricing seems like a bargain. Seriously, half the cost of something compairable from Tonfly or Vertical.

I'm A licensed, working on my B and still have yet to buy my own jumpsuit. I'm slim and tend to fall like a leaf, so ideally I'd like something to help me move a little faster. Love the Tonfly 618 Sky but feel that would be a bit too much of an advanced suit for me at this stage of my progression. Plus the cost is a little more than I would want to spend just yet.

Is there any negative to trying out a lesser known brand? I don't want to stand out at the DZ for the wrong reasons you know...:P

I have the FF ProFly jumpsuit. It's great. I've done about 75 jumps in it and it's holding up fine so far. Admittedly, it's not quite as nice as what you would get spending $500 on a US brand, but for the price it's a much better bargain. Jumpsuits in the USA are hugely overpriced and there are several companies overseas that offer much better value. ProFly shipped my suit out pretty quickly too. From order time to arrival was about three weeks.

Another company to look into is Vertex Sky Sports. I got a Vertex RW suit from them for much less than what I would pay in the USA and the quality was fairly good. Even a bit better than ProFly and about on par with most US brands except for half the cost.

I was exactly in your situation the last year, and I bought the Pro-fly suit.

It's really worth the money, specially for a beginner, you can fall fairly fast as it's a tight design of a suit.

I've done about 120ish jumps with it sofar and it works well.

I'd say go for it, and invest the rest of the money that you could have paid for a more expensive suit in jumping tickets. At the end it's all about the flyer :)

Decided to go for it.

I put my order in yesterday for the Focus with one of the measurements altered to fit me better. I spent a little extra to have them do my own custom colour combo too. All in with shipping to Canada, I paid €218. I think that's pretty decent for a made to order, semi-custom sized jumpsuit.

I got it today. Looks to be really solid quality for the price - great feel, solid, neat-looking stitching, wind-/water-proof zipper, close-fitting but very soft neck cuff... I'm looking forward to jumping it this weekend if the weather agrees. The one critical point I could make is, the pull-down straps on the ankle cuffs seem quite short - I can't easily slide them over my heels with the suit on, and then when I do they pull the cuff material down low enough that it's annoying to get my shoes on. It doesn't seem worth sending back something that otherwise seems so on point though; I'll just attempt to ply my rigger or a local tailor with a few beers and a few euros to swap them out for slightly longer pieces of webbing or some elastic strap material.

drdm

I got it today. Looks to be really solid quality for the price - great feel, solid, neat-looking stitching, wind-/water-proof zipper, close-fitting but very soft neck cuff... I'm looking forward to jumping it this weekend if the weather agrees. The one critical point I could make is, the pull-down straps on the ankle cuffs seem quite short - I can't easily slide them over my heels with the suit on, and then when I do they pull the cuff material down low enough that it's annoying to get my shoes on. It doesn't seem worth sending back something that otherwise seems so on point though; I'll just attempt to ply my rigger or a local tailor with a few beers and a few euros to swap them out for slightly longer pieces of webbing or some elastic strap material.

I was curious about that too. It sounds like it's something that wouldn't be hard to have altered.

Jumped it this weekend and I'm pretty happy with it. In use, I only noticed the pull-down strap thing I mentioned when attempting to sit-fly, and even then only barely. Belly, tracking, and throwing myself into weird unstable positions just for funsies, I didn't notice it at all. The suit was comfy, stretched in the right places, and, after a wonky landing with a PLF, I can confirm that it's also more rugged and durable than it looks - aside from some grass stains, still looks like new. Can definitely recommend it for the price.

Finally got my custom Focus suit in the mail yesterday. About 3 weeks production time, 1 week to ship to Ontario. I haven't jumped it yet but my first impression of it is very good. It feels really well made for the price. The custom colour combo I went with looks killer in person.B| Very happy that they could do that for me. I'm sure it will fly great too once I hit the DZ on the weekend. I definitely think it's a great deal for the money, especially for someone starting out in the sport and not ready to drop a small fortune on an advanced FF suit.