Flackahamm

Altimeter

I'm going through AFP and have been using the Alti-2 Altimaster Galaxy Altimeter. However, no matter how I adjust the altimeter, it moves. (I have small hands/ wrist.) This causes me to rotate my wrist more than normal to read the altitude. My instructor suggested a wrist mount. During my research, I found a hand mount by Parasport for the AloXs. What do you think? I'm looking for suggestions.

Flackahamm

I'm going through AFP and have been using the Alti-2 Altimaster Galaxy Altimeter. However, no matter how I adjust the altimeter, it moves. (I have small hands/ wrist.) This causes me to rotate my wrist more than normal to read the altitude. My instructor suggested a wrist mount. During my research, I found a hand mount by Parasport for the AloXs. What do you think? I'm looking for suggestions.

I've always had good luck with these. And they're inexpensive so if you go with a different size or chest mount altimeter later you're not out much.

http://www.paragear.com/skydiving/10000117/I1171W/ALTIMASTER-III-GALAXY-ALTIMETER-HAND-MOUNT

I've always had good luck with these. And they're inexpensive so if you go with a different size or chest mount altimeter later you're not out much.

http://www.paragear.com/...ALTIMETER-HAND-MOUNT

Thanks for the plug, Bob!
(full disclosure: I work at Para GearB|)

The hand mount Bob linked to is just like what Alti-2 sends with their Galaxies, though, so it might not do the trick for you, OP. But then again, it might.... If you're jumping a borrowed altimeter, the jumper might have tweaked the velcro part of the hand mount a little (I've seen all kinds of tweaks on DZs), and maybe in a way that doesn't work for smaller-boned jumpers - in particular, I'm thinking that if the velcro part has been sewn in place, it might be sewn such that you just can't get it as tight as you need it, and still have enough hook velcro exposed to fasten it securely?

There IS a wrist strap available for Altimaster galaxies - if you own that altimeter but want a wrist mount, this would be your most economical route.

Anyway... The AloXs hand mount is pretty cool, and looks like it would do a very good job of positioning the AloXs for easy view, and not letting it move around.

Larsen and Brusgaard's Alti-Track also has a hand mount that positions it a little closer to your thumb than to the center of the back of your hand (but it doesn't give you the option to switch to a wrist mount in the future, so if that's important to you, keep that in mind!). The Stella is similar, but doesn't have the sexy logbook function - however, the Stella DOES have an available elastic wrist mount accessory (sold separately).

And speaking of Larsen and Brusgaard, if you want digital, and you want a wristmount, you should definitely check out the Viso II+. Their elastic wristmount comes in *all the colors,* five different sizes, and allows you to position your alti exactly where you want it.

All of these are available at Para Gear, and many other pro shops. Good luck finding what works for you, and with learning to jump!

betzilla

And speaking of Larsen and Brusgaard, if you want digital, and you want a wristmount, you should definitely check out the Viso II+. Their elastic wristmount comes in *all the colors,* five different sizes, and allows you to position your alti exactly where you want it.

I second that. I organize jumps at a big DZ and see this as a very popular choice for a lot of smaller people. Properly sized, this setup stays put wherever you want it.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX