DougH

Skylog? Log book.

What happened with the company/jumpers that used to make the Skylog log books.

I liked the grey 300 pagers with two logs per page. They were spiral bound with plastic binding, and plastic covers. The actually had binding that didn't suck.

I think I used to order them directly off a website, but I can't find them anywhere now.

There are similar products now on Chutingstar and other websites, but the quality of the binding isn't half as good. Makes me realize how much better the old Skylogs were in comparison.

With the BrandX my last one had a bunch of pages bound upside down towards the back of the book, the binding is open ended so it works its way off the pages, and they were all stuck together as well from the process of punching out the holes for the binding.

I guess I should have bought a bunch of the originals a few years ago.

Edit: I think this may have been Skydive Aerographics, Michael Truffer's company, which would explain why I can't get them any more.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

In the past, I've had plastic spiral bound logbooks. They suck indeed. My last two logbooks are of my own design with all the space I want, precisely how I want it. I like logging, so I rather spend time to design a good logbook for my purpose and money to have them printed and spiral-bound with a metal spiral at a copyshop. The metal spiral hasn't failed me once, and the booklet contains 5 jumps per double page, 200-ish jumps total.

The whole printing and binding part was surprisingly cheap as well. With fullcolour front and back (some nice photo's went on those pages) and the rest black-white, using heavy (150gr/m^2) paper and a metal binding, cost me somewhere around €20 for two booklets A5 sized. Totally worth it.

I'm going to adjust it a little bit, and have some more printed soon since my current one is almost full.

An easier solution (if you want a good binding) is to get a logbook with the cheap plastic binding, and then take that to a copyshop and pay them to put a metal spiral in it. If they can't do that, they're not worth your money anyway.

Or, if you want, I can send you the basic files I used for my logbook. Adjust as desired (you might not want photo's of crazy-awesome CRW formations on the covers ^_^), and go have fun. Seriously, designing a half-way decent logbook isn't rocket science.