Mentosfresh

Hinged knee braces?

I had ACL surgery in 1993 I’ve used custom hinged knee braces non-hinged cheap knee sleeves and the pharmacy ace brand hinged braces I really couldn’t tell the difference between the high dollar ones and the cheaper version as long as it stabilizes your knee and you can get it adjusted and tightened up. But I have an intact meniscus my problem is just side loading on my ACL ligament
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

• Like 1

Wife had knee xray showing inboard side of left knee bone - bone against bone. Outboard side looked OK with noticeable space separating lower and upper bone.

Wife has serious pain upon waking up in morning and applying pressure on it the 1st time and beginning to walk around - then pain reduces after moving around a while.

Questions -

Is there any style of knee brace that can alleviate the pain to being livable enough to avoid surgery?

Does this situation mean knee replacement is the only alternative?

I've heard a lot of bad complications/outcomes happen with knee replacements.

Any advise greatly appreciated.

On 4/10/2018 at 4:07 AM, Mentos fresh said:

Anybody here with knee problems jump with a hinged knee brace? Which ones do you recommend and why?

This is what I have been applying Donjoy Performer Patella Knee Stabilizer can offer some stability and increase confidence in my knee. 

• Like 1

Yes, Mr. M Suman, a very good contribution to the debate. I quite agree with your perspectives. My 2 eurocents, or ØRE as we call them in the Norwegian Economic Zone, is to read up on enduro/motocross knee braces. The good ones will cut back on your jump ticket budget quite drastically but who needs jump tickets anyway. If other jumpers look funny at you for taking special care of your body parts, or say something funny (known as bullying), you might want to let them know I had sexual intercourse with both of their parents. Here's a related video: 

• Like 1

I jumped with a Shock Doctor 875 for a season while waiting to have ACL reconstruction a couple years back. It worked great and I had no issues jumping with it. 

After surgery my Orthopedist and physical therapist advised me when I could jump again and that I should not use a brace anymore.