Angelfire 150: 390 cu. in.

Things that I-33 is made for according to sizing chart:
PDR-143: 338 cu. in.
Optimum 160: 331 cu. in.
Tempo 150: 294 cu. in.
Smart 150: 346 cu. in.
R-max 148: 333 cu. in

etc..

So the Angelfire is 13% bigger than the biggest recommended reserve. I also heard it packs tight with a 150 main.

So am I overthinking it and it's close enough and it would fit, or would it be a pain in the ass that's not worth it?

Are you asking if you should buy a different canopy, or container?
Buy the canopy that suits you, and a container that suits the canopy.

If that cubic measurement is accurate, it'll be tight AF. Why would you want that?
blank

Because its not as clear to me as it somehow is to yoi? Clearly the I-33 is made for 150 sized F111 reserves, so the assumption is that it will fit a reserve of that size from a different manufacturer. In this case ot might not be true after digging into their actual volume. But where does it say that am extra 40 cu.in. will break compatibility?

Gotta love how everyone gets up in arms about container sizes here, I didnt even mention main sizes and yet there's recommendations for that??

And yes, its a container first case with options for PDR143, Tempo 150, or angelfire 150.

I've never had my hands on an Angelfire, so I don't know anything about their construction, but I have a hard time believing that the designers would add bulk for the sake of adding bulk, relative to other canopies on the market. Knowing that canopy volume numbers are known to vary considerably, I would encourage you to at least try packing it if the rig and canopy are available to you. If you still have to purchase the canopy, I would go with a reserve that's known to fit.

My gut instinct says that you could put the Angelfire in the I-3 reserve container, but the closing loop would need to be 3/8-1/2" longer than the PR-143, assuming the volume numbers represent some form of reality (meaning the Anglefire DOES pack somewhat bigger than the 143).

Thank you Kelly for your insight!

Based on Unstable's data point, and that Id have to ship the reserve back if it doesnt fit and eat the cost, Ill probably go with one of the other 2 that are known to fit and play it safe, even if its a worse deal.

I vaguely remember reading about more reinforcement and a lot of 1/2 tape on Angelfires, which might explain bigger pack volume.

A month ago I packed an AF 160 into Mirage G4 M3. Fitted just fine. PDR 160 is listed as "firm" in that rig. My guess is that AF 150 will fit into I3. And just a tip, whenever you buy a reserve and the packing volume is an issue, get a white one.
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

Based on Unstable's data point, and that Id have to ship the reserve back if it doesnt fit and eat the cost, Ill probably go with one of the other 2 that are known to fit and play it safe, even if its a worse deal.

I vaguely remember reading about more reinforcement and a lot of 1/2 tape on Angelfires, which might explain bigger pack volume.

The Angelfire is a Wonderful reserve and quite popular around here. They have a unique line attachment points integrated into the rib rather than just a tab bartacked to the bottom skin and rib fell.

I do want to Preface that a few years ago, Parachute Labs made some changes in the reinforcing tapes and dropped the pack volume 12%-15%. Call the manufacturer and they will give you the pack volume by date. :)
=========Shaun ==========

Unstable

Parachute Labs made some changes in the reinforcing tapes and dropped the pack volume 12%-15%.

That might explain the discrepancies. Is it known at what year did they do this? Tried calling but they're closed for the day. I really do want it specifically so trying hard here.