LeeroyJenkins

2017-18 Wings

Nothing has really changed on them for the last few years except the introduction of the Boost.

They are still in my lower 1/3rd of containers I like to pack. Racer's still hold the bottom spot after all these years and hundreds of repacks though :D:D:D

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

PhreeZone

They are still in my lower 1/3rd of containers I like to pack

I felt that way for several years, until something finally clicked and I felt I understood how to pack them better one day. After that I started appreciating some details of the Wings: the line pouch protects the lines from the velcro closure with no need for extra tools. The bag split in the middle allows me to fill those ears quite full with little stress during insertion. No extra tool is needed to guide the closing loop through separate top/bottom grommets. The freebag is made of durable material, instead of thin F111. I guese all my appreciation is for the freebag design. Hmmmm

PhreeZone

Nothing has really changed on them for the last few years except the introduction of the Boost.

They are still in my lower 1/3rd of containers I like to pack. Racer's still hold the bottom spot after all these years and hundreds of repacks though :D:D:D

Any pics of the Boost MARD? They seem a bit secretive about it and I cant find any.

I'm not sure about how secretive they are. Considering the information is in an obvious place that takes a single click from main page. Located info within 5 seconds of opening the wings web site.

http://skydivewings.com/parts/reserve-boost/

Is included in there rigging manuals documentation.
http://skydivewings.com/rigging-and-bulletins/rigging-manuals/

in the various configurations for new or older rigs.

That said this is really the only significant change to the wings design and its an option (Just like the RSL is) . The problem that has been identified and been discussed numerous threads still remains.

The problem that has been identified and been discussed numerous threads still remains.

I presume you are referring to the reserve PC not having enough drag to cleanly extract the reserve freebag? Multiple well-documented cases of this occurring.
=========Shaun ==========

I've seen multiple references to Sunrise having supposedly redesigned the PC for more drag to address this, but given that I've not seen an SB or any other first-party notification of any such change occurring, I'm pretty sceptical of the validity of those claims. And if they did redesign it and just didn't say anything, that's also very damning, since "we know our PC might fail to extract the freebag" is a pretty damn big deal and something you'd want to ensure gets fixed in the field as soon as possible.
"Skydivers are highly emotional people. They get all excited about their magical black box full of mysterious life saving forces."

Right, and I didn't think it was just the question of beefing up the PC, I was just saying that I've seen this brushed off with "oh that's not a problem anymore, they changed the RPC to add more drag".

I for one don't think it's possible to add enough drag to rotate the jumper from any inopportune orientation (such as say on the back, head down, with the RPC and bridle between the jumper's legs) into one in which the enclosed tray allows freebag extraction, and would require a design change to the reserve tray. Of course, having the reserve deploy with the lines going between their legs is a problem in its own right, but one that is presumably preferable to impacting at line stretch after AAD fire.
"Skydivers are highly emotional people. They get all excited about their magical black box full of mysterious life saving forces."

Of course, having the reserve deploy with the lines going between their legs is a problem in its own right, but one that is presumably preferable to impacting at line stretch after AAD fire.

Don't you mean impacting at reserve bridle stretch?
What's right isn't always popular and what's popular isn't always right.