Sparrow14

Biggest in infinity I-22

Hey does anyone have experience packing a 150 9 cell/ 170 7 cell or anything very close to that in an infinity i22? I guess what's the biggest you've seen packed in there "reasonably" comfortably. Also yes I've read the packing chart on velocities web site and it Is meant for pdr 126 and Sabre2 120, but I've seen/heard other rigs fitting things outside the mfg's charts just fine and I wanna hear from the riggers/packers/owners with experience. Thanks :)

Don't do it, it's not worth the "nothing out", hesitation during deployment, or nerves packing a too big canopy into a small container. I once stuffed a 250 into a max 230 container. Oh boy how the deployment varied from a half hard opening, to a hesitation in only a few jumps. It's not only the oversized canopy in a smaller container, but also a pilot chute without enough drag force to properly pull the canopy out of the container.

Sparrow14

Hey does anyone have experience packing a 150 9 cell/ 170 7 cell or anything very close to that in an infinity i22?

I've never tried it, and never would, since the volumes aren't even close. When we size main containers, it's done with the assumption that most jumpers will likely downsize. So a Sabre 2 120 is about the biggest canopy you're going to want to put into an I-22 on a regular basis, assuming you pack neatly. You might be able to get a 135 in there for a couple of test jumps, but you won't want to do it after every jump.

ahahahaha omg that is so hot.... seriously tho thanks for taking the time and chiming in everybody i figured that was the case but just kinda hoping it wouldn't be. on day i will find the used infinity i have been searching for!!! haha honestly i think the peeps at velocity must be tired of me asking them for the measurements on all the i-33's i come across :)