Hunterbeav

Anyone jumping a newer vortex

I've been jumping mine for the last few months and I have nothing but good things to say about it. Really hard to beat for the price. I got pretty much every option available at the time and still came in a couple grand cheaper than what other manufacturers would have run for the same thing. Quality is on par or better than other main players. I'd say it's equally comfortable as my mirage but packs cleaner looking. Only small complaint I have which isn't even really a complaint more than just information is that if you get the wingsuit bridle it is super long. Id say more than a foot longer than other wingsuit bridles I've seen. It can make cocking the pilot chute a little tricky but it's not that bad with some practice.

IMG_0932.JPG

I got pretty much every option available at the time and still came in a couple grand cheaper than what other manufacturers would have run for the same thing.

2,000 less? Please show the details of the deal you got, as it starts at 2,235 per their website.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

sundevil777

I got pretty much every option available at the time and still came in a couple grand cheaper than what other manufacturers would have run for the same thing.

2,000 less? Please show the details of the deal you got, as it starts at 2,235 per their website.

Somewhere in the range of $1500 to 2k less for the complete rig. Should have clarified. Bought when they were doing one of the jump ready packages and had an had an additional amount off. Was out the door with a brand new container w/skyhook, volt main, decelerator reserve, and vigil for under 6k. When I was pricing out some of the other brands with similar options with a new AAD and PD main and reserve it was getting close to 8k.

2legit86

That's a negative.

So what knowledge you put behind that statement? Is that what the dealer told you? Because this seams to be the talk of dealers selling those rigs. "Dude, it's exactly like a Javelin! Just 1000 bucks cheaper, but the quality is higher"
And that of course is far from the reality.
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

LeeroyJenkins

It doesn't take a riggers ticket to look at stitching and tell if its quality or not. Especially when all the rigs basically use the same patterns.

All modern containers use quality stitching. Your comment tells me that you are definitely not a rigger. The real differences are much more subtle and involve small details of both construction and design. Until you have spent some years closely inspecting rigs of many different makes you will not appreciate the differences in build.

It is true that there are only a few basic designs that cover most containers. But the patterns are far from the same none the less. With that being said, there are no poorly built rigs being made these days as far as I've seen. But different makes have different strengths and weaknesses.

gowlerk

***It doesn't take a riggers ticket to look at stitching and tell if its quality or not. Especially when all the rigs basically use the same patterns.

All modern containers use quality stitching. Your comment tells me that you are definitely not a rigger. The real differences are much more subtle and involve small details of both construction and design. Until you have spent some years closely inspecting rigs of many different makes you will not appreciate the differences in build.

It is true that there are only a few basic designs that cover most containers. But the patterns are far from the same none the less. With that being said, there are no poorly built rigs being made these days as far as I've seen. But different makes have different strengths and weaknesses.

Agreeed, I meant that an average jumper should be able to go through there rig and notice if it has crap bartacks, shitty stitch tension, or bad binding. No modern rig should fail structurvitally or simply fall apart due to poor quality.

Deyan

***That's a negative.

So what knowledge you put behind that statement? Is that what the dealer told you? Because this seams to be the talk of dealers selling those rigs. "Dude, it's exactly like a Javelin! Just 1000 bucks cheaper, but the quality is higher"
And that of course is far from the reality.

You're right. Everyone knows you need to have a riggers ticket to be able to compare one rig to another. All the rest of us just listen to what dealers say and blindly jump terrible gear that will probably fall apart mid skydive /s

I did not say it's exactly like a javelin. It's not at all. The reserve pc is similar but that's about it. Bottom line is the one I bought seems to be better quality than some of the other rigs I see around the dz. Tabs stay closed, it's more comfortable, and I got it at a price that's hard to beat. Have you ever jumped one or are you just here to start an argument with those that do for giving their opinions?

Welp, here it is. PS went the extra mile to double color it without any extra charge. Better pics soon. It is a never version with a longer yoke, they also made the pc pocket slicker for easier packing.

This is the EVS135STD model, loaded with a 150 Volt (tight fit). Packed it quite easily for a tight fit and it is crispy new.

NINO2315.jpg

NINO2312.jpg

15 hours ago, Maddingo said:

Welp, here it is. PS went the extra mile to double color it without any extra charge. Better pics soon. It is a never version with a longer yoke, they also made the pc pocket slicker for easier packing.

This is the EVS135STD model, loaded with a 150 Volt (tight fit). Packed it quite easily for a tight fit and it is crispy new.

NINO2315.jpg

NINO2312.jpg

This is my dream rig!!

Lucky you! 

On 7/5/2018 at 8:09 AM, sundevil777 said:

They are having a special now...$5375 fully loaded with AAD(minus skyhook), awesome price

People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

On 6/5/2019 at 2:24 PM, Maddingo said:

Yes, I'm quite happy with it to. :D Theese pics show colors more accuretly. It is Gossamer Green and Blue combination.

20190605_141539.jpg

IMG-e8d2ce29a285415802ddd7bc7885de3f-V.jpg

20190605_141603.jpg

How did you go about getting the dual color?  I definitely want to do that with my next Vortex

(edited)
On 6/4/2019 at 7:53 PM, Maddingo said:

they also made the pc pocket slicker for easier packing.

!!!

Keep in mind this means you need to be extra vigilant that your pouch is in good shape, to guard against premature deployments. If your pilot chute slides into the pouch more easily, the same will be true for it sliding out. There is always a trade off.

Really nice looking rig though!

Edited by betzilla

(edited)
13 minutes ago, betzilla said:

!!!

Keep in mind this means you need to be extra vigilant that your pouch is in good shape, to guard against premature deployments. If your pilot chute slides into the pouch more easily, the same will be true for it sliding out. There is always a trade off.

Yeah I realise that, but I have a free fly handle so I got some extra safety there. The material is the same as on Vectors etc. They had a rougher pouch before.

Edited by Maddingo