Hunterbeav

Anyone jumping a newer vortex

Yes, I have assembled several new Vortex rigs over the last year I do not have a negative thing to say about them - right on par with top named rigs. They have a premium product. Not my personal choice for a rig, but the workmanship and quality are there.

The only quality issue I have seen coming from Parachute Systems is a lineset with several mislabeled lines! But (correct me if I'm wrong internet people) I believe those are outsourced to some organization here in the US...

A gentleman did a very nice review here on Dropzone over the features of a 2016 Vortex. TAKE A LOOK
=========Shaun ==========

Just bought mine from a trusted source. And the worksmanship is top notch. It comes down whether you like the design or not. I bought it with all the bells and whistles. Peoduction time I think it was around 2-3 months.

I posted a couple of pictures in the other thread. Here are more. It is not assembled obviously :) I was picking between Icon, Infinity and Vortex. If you have additional questions feel free to ask.

1.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Maddingo

Just bought mine from a trusted source. And the worksmanship is top notch. It comes down whether you like the design or not. I bought it with all the bells and whistles. Peoduction time I think it was around 2-3 months.

I posted a couple of pictures in the other thread. Here are more. It is not assembled obviously :) I was picking between Icon, Infinity and Vortex. If you have additional questions feel free to ask.

Thanks...nice rig...great pics....I just made up my mind.....I will be putting in an order.

Hunterbeav

***What's the turnaround time for replacement parts? Handles, freebags, etc. The company is based in SA, are there US-based distributors?

Good question. I'm going to check Into that. Below is a pic of the container I'll be ordering

I found out that parts are available here in the U.S. South Carolina at NYLON-AMERICAN RIGGING. I just found out that they are actually building containers in South Carolina

Hunterbeav

***Just bought mine from a trusted source. And the worksmanship is top notch. It comes down whether you like the design or not. I bought it with all the bells and whistles. Peoduction time I think it was around 2-3 months.

Thanks...nice rig...great pics....I just made up my mind.....I will be putting in an order.

Looks like a wings. Did one of their guys split off and design this?

LeeroyJenkins

******Just bought mine from a trusted source. And the worksmanship is top notch. It comes down whether you like the design or not. I bought it with all the bells and whistles. Peoduction time I think it was around 2-3 months.

Looks like a Javelin also but $1000 cheaper !!

Hunterbeav

*********Just bought mine from a trusted source. And the worksmanship is top notch. It comes down whether you like the design or not. I bought it with all the bells and whistles. Peoduction time I think it was around 2-3 months.

Looks like a Javelin also but $1000 cheaper !! I'm not putting Javelin down....it's a fine container.....I'm just saying to me the Vortex is a great container also.and at a price I can live with

Maddingo

You are hilarious.. no Vortex never designed their reserve tray so it will get stuck as Wings did. The Wings is one of the few containers I would actually never jump. They also use UPT skyhook, unlike Wings who use their own solution, which has known issues.

Haha, I know what you mean but it’s funny that you worded it like they intentionally designed it to get stuck. Skyhook compatibilitybis nice. They however still look the same.

Thanks for the update. I received my new Vortex end of Feb and have about 50 jumps on it. I love it and the workmanship is superb. Would highly recommend Parachute Systems to anyone.

Mine is one of two at my home dropzone. I was pleased to see tons of them at CarolinaFest this year.