1 1
MAD1210

Dekunu One altimeter... Any reviews on this??

Hey guys, found this awesome looking altimeter online.... Would like to buy one but wanted to know if anyone owns one or has any feedback on this item. Figured I'd ask before I spend the money ... Here's the link
https://dekunu.tech/dekunu-one/#one

Doubt you will find any reviews.

They have few of these out in a while, and these are only prototypes. They are aiming to start shipping first batch around beginning of Feb, and posted some production shots. However, a lot of things are still up in the air. No video walkthrough of their devices, no manuals, no info on their backend web services, etc.

I did order one, since I am hoping to start wingsuiting soon. I will keep my alti-2 Atlas on a wingsuit mount, and Dekunu on my wrist.

So far, not a whole lot of communication from the company. I am sure they are busy, but at least one marketing person could've taken few extra shots of production. They have people to do some cool video stuff in After Effects, so why not show more of actual unit?

That being said, my excitement for the tech in this thing is stronger than my somewhat apprehensive feeling about pre-ordering stuff I haven't seen. It's not overly expensive (I thought it will be around $800, based on the fact that my "simple" Alti2 Atlas was $400), so I am willing to risk it. I work with technology daily, I like gadgets, so this thing scratches my itch for more toys.

I have one and would recommend it for people who enjoy new tech items. There is so much info it shows like ground speed as you are in the plane. Then it switches to very visible altitude as you fall and then canopy mode. Once you tether it to wifi it uploads the data for more analysis on their site.

I say it's for people who like new tech items right now because they are working through bugs. The firmware updates easily on its own but there are still some minor glitches. I would guess by the next round of sales they do it will be mostly ironed out though. It seems like they have a good development roadmap and more features are coming. Again, I would recommend it. It's only 150 more than a visio II and already offers way more features with more to come.

A friend had one on a load last weekend. I am not sure what it was like in freefall, but on the ride up it was way too overcomplicated. It showed the altitude, but then also vertical speed, GPS coordinates and several other things. Then random messages popped up saying to take your seatbelt off, check someone's gear, ect, ect. I would hope you can change the settings to remove some of that stuff because I found the screen to be way too complicated with all that stuff. Also, I suspect the battery life is not great. It basically uses a lighted screen like a phone and so the power draw is probably high. I would suspect you would need to charge it after every weekend.

What's it like for size? I like the VisoII because it's slim, and I can't find any pictures of the production model that clearly show how much bulkier it is.

Are you aware of a mud flap mount for it? I'd like an alti under canopy that's easier to see than on my wrist, and this or the X2 would be it (with info like distance to the target, glide ratio, etc) but they've only mentioned a wrist mount.

benlangfeld

What's it like for size? I like the VisoII because it's slim, and I can't find any pictures of the production model that clearly show how much bulkier it is.

It's actually quite small for all it does. Obviously bigger than a visio but the 2.4 inch screen is nice. https://dekunu.tech/tech-specs/#tech-specs-1 (has the size info) . They are supposedly coming out with a mudflap/wingsuit mount soon

benlangfeld

Are you aware of a mud flap mount for it? I'd like an alti under canopy that's easier to see than on my wrist, and this or the X2 would be it (with info like distance to the target, glide ratio, etc) but they've only mentioned a wrist mount.

Here's a photo of both my Viso and Dekunu side by side on my wrist. Obviously the Dekunu is larger, but as has already been said, it's packing a huge amount of tech too :)
blank

dekunu viso.jpg