Sabrekakkonen

Wings w5 2011 150 main and optimum 143

Sabrekakkonen

Sunrise says in their websites its made pr-113-126 so opt 143 has same packvolume than pr126.

It's not as simple as people make it sound... opt-143 has 31 cubic inches greater pack volume than pr-126... It may or may not make a difference.

It's not as simple as people make it sound... opt-143 has 31 cubic inches greater pack volume than pr-126... It may or may not make a difference.

Agree. The marketing hype is "Buy a Low Pack volume reserve, you'll be safer with a bigger reserve for the same container size." I have found that is sometimes true, but more often not. There are also pack volume charts out there that show negligible difference for some sizes comparing the same design between standard and low pack volume canopies. This could be attributed to variation even within a same canopy and design. Either way, I never advise individuals to bet on a LPV canopy in order to squeeze in just a bit more.
=========Shaun ==========

Agree. The marketing hype is "Buy a Low Pack volume reserve, you'll be safer with a bigger reserve for the same container size." I have found that is sometimes true

Agree with your agreement B|.

I've found that the PR126/OP143 level is really the last size where you can reliably say an OP "packs a size smaller." Once you get down into the smaller sizes, the low bulk fabric makes up little enough of the pack volume itself, that the one-size-smaller rule just doesn't hold true -- all that pesky suspension line and reinforcement tape take up just as much space in an OP as in a PDR. By the same token, the really big OPs pack up MORE than a size smaller than their PDR counterparts.