tsf

Has anyone jumped the Fluid Wings Nexus?

I've noticed this new canopy pop up on the Fluid Wings website and saw a couple posts on the Fluid Wings facebook page, but otherwise I have not heard/seen much about this new canopy (not even a promotional/release video from Fluid as they have done for their other canopies).

Has anybody had the chance to jump the Nexus or own one? Thoughts on its opening/flight characteristics compared to other canopies in its range?

I do not work for fluid, but I am a fan of their products (I'm waiting on getting my Airwolf in the mail currently). From what I remember the owner saying about the Nexus is that it is similar to the Sabre2, only steeper. If it's anything like their more aggressive canopies, I'd assume it would have good rear riser range and a strong flare. All their canopies have damn decent openings, and everyone who test jumped a Nexus at our demo day had nothing but positive things to say about them, one guy even bought one shortly after, so it made a positive impression on him.

One thing to note is the sensitivity to your position in the harness...if you lean to one side, the canopy will start turning.

It doesn't have stabilizers.

if you have one strap looser than the other one the Nexus will have a "Built in turn" during your flight. This is true with any canopy, but more so with the Nexus.
--
Blue Skies
NO FEARS, NO LIMITS, NO MONEY...
"A Subitánea et Improvísa Morte, Líbera nos, Domine."

freeflyfree

One thing to note is the sensitivity to your position in the harness...if you lean to one side, the canopy will start turning.

It doesn't have stabilizers.

if you have one strap looser than the other one the Nexus will have a "Built in turn" during your flight. This is true with any canopy, but more so with the Nexus.

You must be thinking of the tesla.... The nexus has inflatable stabilizers but are laid out the same as any other traditional parachute. The tesla is extremely harness sensitive and can be flown entirely with harness till you have to flare. The nexus cannot really... it has some harness sensitivity but you need to get up into the 1.7 and up to be able to really do much with harness.
I was that kid jumping out if his tree house with a bed sheet. My dad wouldn't let me use the ladder to try the roof...

nexus.jpg

Yes, in the end they all have stabilizers, be it a single fabric or inflatable. My friend tried the nexus...super strong flare. I tried the Tesla. Best thing is to order a Demo and explore it's flying characteristics.
--
Blue Skies
NO FEARS, NO LIMITS, NO MONEY...
"A Subitánea et Improvísa Morte, Líbera nos, Domine."