Hunterbeav

S fire or Sabre 2 or Stiletto and why

I would try it if I lost about 15 - 20 lbs....Lol the biggest Zulu is a 172...my exit weight is around 245-250....I'm thinking a 190 is about as small as I want to go for now...just getting back in the sport after being gone for over 10 years....back in the day I jumped a Sabre ( 1 ) 190 exit weight was around 260-265.

My two cents - Stiletto is the F1 racecar of canopies. If you pack it right, it'll open great and you can carve that baby around everyone else. B|

Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

I have jumped a stiletto 190 for years, and i flown each of the others as well. I can say the stiletto doesnt open particularly well, got slammed a few times. The stiletto recovers from a dive amazingly fast, which means swoops with it are initiated much much lower than other canopies. I worked my way up to 450° swoops over the years, i would have went v-lo but something terrible happened. (I got old). Its quick, its fun, it has great glide, but to be honest, i would recommend a safire. Its the most controllable with risers when the riser pressure builds. The stiletto is terrible, no matter how strong you are, you are forced to resort to harness turns (or just give up and hit the brakes).

Check out a Safire 3. Best opening and landing canopy I've ever had. I'm a conservative jumper and this suits me fine. Be prepared for 1000 ft openings, always on heading despite my crappy pack jobs. No wind landings are great!
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

Croc

Check out a Safire 3. Best opening and landing canopy I've ever had. I'm a conservative jumper and this suits me fine. Be prepared for 1000 ft openings, always on heading despite my crappy pack jobs. No wind landings are great!

Have you ever jumped a sabre 2. What size Safire 3 are you jumping at what wing load....thanks

Sabre2 is known for its great flare. I also really love flying my Sabre2s and usually had good openings. Bad openings usually occurred as the Microline would go out of trim signaling the need for a new lineset but now with HMA lines on the Sabre2 as standard, the Sabre2 would be my choice.
Dream my life, live my dream