iranianjumper

no loop on brake line

having had a set of tandem ( Icarus main canopy and Sigma container ) and notice :
1- there is no any loop on brake line for attaching to riser's loop for keeping brake line ( picture 1)
2- there is secondary toggle but there is not secondary control line .

please help me to find more about this problem .

iranianjumper

having had a set of tandem ( Icarus main canopy and Sigma container ) and notice :
1- there is no any loop on brake line for attaching to riser's loop for keeping brake line ( picture 1)
2- there is secondary toggle but there is not secondary control line .

please help me to find more about this problem .

1 - there's not supposed to be a loop on Icarus Tandem!
2- you have the setup with a single break line.

It's all good!
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

The answers you have been given are correct. But a little more detail might help you. The Icarus tandem does not use a deployment brake setting. So it does not have a loop to set them. When packing it just treat the brake lines as if they were D lines. Some people stow the excess brake line in a rubber band tied to the D center line attachment point. But it is not necessary.

They are available in three different configurations. The most common has large steering toggles connected to only the outside two lines and the small flaring toggles connected to the other six inboard ones. This makes the canopy much easier to steer without having to use much effort. But you must remember to pick up the flaring toggles before landing. Or your flare will not be effective. The setup you have has all eight lines on each side connected to the main toggle. This will give you an excellent flare, but your arms may be tired by the time you need it.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

The setup you have has all six lines on each side connected to the main toggle. This will give you an excellent flare, but your arms may be tired by the time you need it.

Fixed for you ;)
The single break configuration has 6 uppers. 1,2,3 (skip 4) 5,6,7 (skip 8)
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

Deyan

*** The setup you have has all six lines on each side connected to the main toggle. This will give you an excellent flare, but your arms may be tired by the time you need it.

Fixed for you ;)
The single break configuration has 6 uppers. 1,2,3 (skip 4) 5,6,7 (skip 8)

I guess there are different flavours for different companies using the name "Icarus"

Copy from Icarus NZ website:

There are 3 different options for the brake line setup.

1) The first option we call 6 & 2: this setup provides the lightest possible steering with the most powerful flare. Alternatively, all control lines can be rigged to the primary toggles if you prefer not to use separate flare lines.

There are only 2 upper steering lines on each side, going to the outside corners of the canopy. This provides the very light steering and fast turn rate. The toggle pressure is even lighter than a single person parachute making the canopy effortless to fly. On the other hand, there are 6 upper flare lines on each side covering most of the back of the canopy. Every 1/2 cell has a control line of some sort attached to it except the centre cell, providing the most powerful flare available. When the flare lines get picked up, the toggle pressure comes back closer to normal tandem toggle pressure.

The down side of this option is that if the flare lines are not picked up there will be virtually no flare available. This option is suitable for individuals who jump their own equipment.

2) The second option we call 2 & 6: this option has 6 upper steering lines and 2 upper flare lines. The steering toggle pressure is heavier than the 6 & 2, but is still very light. The canopy's flare and combined toggle pressure are exactly the same as 6 & 2 but you will still get a reasonable flare if the flare lines are not picked up. This option was designed for larger DZ operations.

Both the 6 & 2 and 2 & 6 options can be simply rigged to the primary toggles if you wish.

3) The third option is the Single brake line: for people familiar with canopies without them, flare lines may seem like a hassle or a backwards step. This setup has a heavier steering pressure than the first two options, but is much lighter to flare and simpler to operate. The flare is almost as powerful as the flare lined version. The toggle pressure remains lighter than other modern tandem canopies.

http://www.nzaerosports.com/canopies/icarus-tandem/
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Ken,

NZ linesets for Icarus come ready for 2-6, 6-2 or 1-6. In case you want to use the single brake option, you attach the 6 uppers skipping 4 and 8 line attachment points.

Deyan

Ken,

NZ linesets for Icarus come ready for 2-6, 6-2 or 1-6. In case you want to use the single brake option, you attach the 6 uppers skipping 4 and 8 line attachment points.

Thanks, now I know. But I don't ever want to use such a set up!

Yep, my personal Icarus 364 uses the 2-6 setup and I love it. Steers light on the outside 2 on main toggles and flares good when you pick up the 6 inner on flares.
Most of the other canopies at our DZ use 4/4.
Flying one toggle all day is more work than I want.
"You don't get many warnings in this sport before you get damaged"

There are actually five configurations possible.
2 X 6 - with Primary and Secondary lower control lines going to two sets of toggles - Secondary toggle (Student) goes to #1 and #2, the other 6 go to the Primary toggle.

6 X 2 - with Primary and Secondary lower control lines going to two sets of toggles - Secondary toggle (Student) goes to #1,#2, #3,#4. #5,and #6, the other 2 go to the Primary toggle

4 X 4 - with Primary and Secondary lower control lines going to two sets of toggles - Secondary toggle (Student) goes to #1,#2, #3, and #4, the other 4 go to the Primary toggle
This is not a standard NZ set up BTW; but is used at some DZ's.

8 X 1 - Uses one Primary lower control line and uses all 8 USTs.

The fifth option is very simple and is used by several dzs. If you have a setup that has both a Primary and Secondary lower control line, you simply route both lower control lines to the primary toggle on each side. Both control lines go through the same guide ring like a Strong rig does.
This takes zero modification to the steering line configuration.

I also like it better than the 8 X 1 set up.It is not as hard to pull for some odd reason.

MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com