Diezel

Potential total mal?

After looking in a few manuals I did find this in the old Vector II manual.

WARNING
Do not tuck pilot chute material around the sides of the bag. Doing this will inhibit pilot chute launch performance and possibly cause a dangerous pilot chute hesitation.

The V3 manual or others I have looked at do not have a similar warning. I suppose you can not warn about every stupid thing that people might do. They will always come up with new ones. Plus newer manuals have much better pictures than the drawings they used to have.

I agree with Peek. The Mirage manual is clear enough. It also boggles my mind that someone could think it would be a good idea to wrap the material around the bag like this. Maybe he was fixated on bulk distribution.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

The V3 manual or others I have looked at do not have a similar warning. I suppose you can not warn about every stupid thing that people might do. They will always come up with new ones. Plus newer manuals have much better pictures than the drawings they used to have.

I agree. Any work instruction you can detail down to a certain level and at some point common sense and standard knowledge need to be applied. If Mirage detailed warning for every possible failure mode, then the manual would be as long a a Poynters book. I don't believe the action taken for every failure should be to add another warning.
=========Shaun ==========

How about the Reflex? The external pilot chute was a great invention by Ted Strong on the Pop Top reserve. Johnboy got permission to borrow it. It seems to be the best out there to get clean air unless if there was a pull out available.

Jerry, Thank's for straightening me out. When we received the first pop top to modify for use above the main, I remember opening the package from Ted. After the first one, we made our own and Ted was paid a minor fee ($5?). Thought he invented it.