nicsoew

Gloves with good grip - for pulling rear risers

I would suggest you check out horse riding gloves from Roeckl, better than any skydiving glove fit, feel, comfort and grip vise. They are a bit on the expensive side though 30€ +

I jumped with theese and sadly lost them, now I use the PD regular skydiving gloves and they don't come close:

https://www.loesdau.de/roeckl-reithandschuhe-madison-41098.html

Theese are for winter.

When I first started swooping I had problems with slippery gloves on rears as well.
Somebody suggested to not try to grab and pull on those rear risers but rather push them aside. Arms up ALL the way, lean forward during the recovery and the required input magically happens. Non sticky gloves will help you to slide down on the rears if you want to get horizontal like the cool guys someday in the future as well :P

The change in technique might feel strange at first but is so mutch more natural once you get used to it.

have fun playing around and stay safe :)

-------------------------------------------------------

To absent friends

Instead of focusing on gloves, which will reduce your sense of touch and can have adverse affects in some situations, why not focus instead on the risers? A rigger can put a wrap of webbing to make a fat spot that's easier to grip with bare hands. Look at what CRW guys do. Keep your hands unencumbered.

Bluto

Instead of focusing on gloves, which will reduce your sense of touch and can have adverse affects in some situations, why not focus instead on the risers? A rigger can put a wrap of webbing to make a fat spot that's easier to grip with bare hands. Look at what CRW guys do. Keep your hands unencumbered.

Because....cold. You can't grip anything very well with numb fingers.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Pobrause

When I first started swooping I had problems with slippery gloves on rears as well.
Somebody suggested to not try to grab and pull on those rear risers but rather push them aside. Arms up ALL the way, lean forward during the recovery and the required input magically happens. Non sticky gloves will help you to slide down on the rears if you want to get horizontal like the cool guys someday in the future as well :P

The change in technique might feel strange at first but is so mutch more natural once you get used to it.

have fun playing around and stay safe :)

Thnx for advice :)

And thnx to all other people here.

gowlerk

***Instead of focusing on gloves, which will reduce your sense of touch and can have adverse affects in some situations, why not focus instead on the risers? A rigger can put a wrap of webbing to make a fat spot that's easier to grip with bare hands. Look at what CRW guys do. Keep your hands unencumbered.

As a CRW-dog, I absolutely LOVE having blocks on my rears. But it has its downsides, for example more bulk on the riser. That may look ugly on packing, or worse, prevent you from properly closing the riser cover. Also, it might prevent pulling down the slider fully. For CRW, we don't care for the extra bulk, it's peanuts relative to the crap we put on our front risers, and the big-ass toggles we have anyway.

And good gloves don't encumber you. If you can operate a zipper with the gloves on, they are good enough. As a matter of fact, having good grippy gloves can help during EP's, since you can get a better grip on cutaway pillows etc.

IJskonijn

******Instead of focusing on gloves, which will reduce your sense of touch and can have adverse affects in some situations, why not focus instead on the risers? A rigger can put a wrap of webbing to make a fat spot that's easier to grip with bare hands. Look at what CRW guys do. Keep your hands unencumbered.

As a CRW-dog, I absolutely LOVE having blocks on my rears. But it has its downsides, for example more bulk on the riser. That may look ugly on packing, or worse, prevent you from properly closing the riser cover. Also, it might prevent pulling down the slider fully. For CRW, we don't care for the extra bulk, it's peanuts relative to the crap we put on our front risers, and the big-ass toggles we have anyway.

And good gloves don't encumber you. If you can operate a zipper with the gloves on, they are good enough. As a matter of fact, having good grippy gloves can help during EP's, since you can get a better grip on cutaway pillows etc.

I have two pairs of akando gloves, both pro black, I cut off finger tips on the one pair and they are usable. Main reason were holes on older pair but they are ok for anything except jumping accuracy.