jerolim

Wire Crimping Tool

Hi Jerolim,

Would this

The first one: No

The second one: I have or had one & used it many times for 3-ring cable. Slow but worked.

I doubt that it would work for ripcord cable. But it might.

I'll look around & see if I still have it; I could give it to you.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) I'll let you know via email.

I have both types and in the past made a few plastic handled student main ripcords but decided I didn't like the idea. And Jerry was kind enough to give me his ripcord testing fixture. I'd want to test those crimps. I'm actually using them to hang a cross at a church and will be testing the crimps to 600lbs to see if they pass. I would use it for cutaway handles but again I'd want to test each one. I believe there was a cutaway handle either missing the crimp or built purposefully with out one where the handle stripped off the cable and left one end in the riser.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

councilman24

I believe there was a cutaway handle either missing the crimp or built purposefully with out one where the handle stripped off the cable and left one end in the riser.

Yes, there was one model on ebay from Ucraine (if I remember correctly) without crimp. [:/]
Also there was base cutaway (intentional cutaway with 2 base canopies) incident and cutaway handle failed in this manner (i guess also missing crimp).