RayLosli

Servo motor / need specific info

Anyone ( actually use or know ) model of servo motor that has little more power/torque that what I normally use now ?

changing out motor on a heavier duty model walk-foot using ( 135 x 17 ) needle size that I use on heavier thicker nylon work .

Right now I do use/have a couple digital servo motors ( consew 550 watt ) , and find them 'OK' for push behind the ( 135 x 5 Needle size ) . It just seems like that size 550 size servo, is NOT going to cut it moving up in machine size and punching thicker materials .

Ray,
First let me state that I do not use servo motors for my bigger sewing machines.You simply cannot beat the flywheel inertia physics for the bigger sewing machines IMHO.

But if you still want to go that route,here are a couple of links to some bigger motors:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLDSTAR-GBSM-34-750-Industrial-Sewing-Machine-Brushless-Servo-Motor-750-Watt/282617334784?hash=item41cd4e4c00:g:EHkAAOSwaB5XwIkq

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEW-LINE-SLS-1000-ENERGY-SAVING-SERVO-110V-MOTOR-FOR-INDUSTRIAL-SEWING-MACHINE/322852921855?epid=1854479962&hash=item4b2b88a1ff:g:vOcAAOSw~gRVurDi

You can also change the pulley size on the motors that you now have on hand.There are Pro's and Con's when doing this though.

MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

Thanks for the reply's and links . I will research more watts in power .
I know there is a difference in power/torque given off of servo motors . Even though they might be same watt output . the number of magnetic pickup's and the size of magnets used, changes things much .

I found this servo today researching . .. it is a 550 watt but they design with 12 pickup's rather than 9 used on most 550 watt like on the Consew 550 servo . But it also cost more than the 550 watt consew servos I use now .. but 200-$ is not out of the question if it is in fact better quality power .

https://reliablecorporation.com/products/sewquiet-6000sm-servomotor

This machine runs great now and I also do have a very small pulley on it also . Maybe I should not dick around with it as it runs perfect for years, got the power and control never a problem .
But the machine gets used daily and Just getting tired of the noise . The 'quietness' of using brushless servo really gets you spoiled and no vibration buzzing and smooth . No loud humming in my brain seems to give me less stress and more relaxing when sitting behind a machine for few hours at a time .

Add to last Post:

The Consew csm550 model servo motor comes with ( 75mm ) drive pulley from the factory.
but, found there is available ( 50mm ) belt pulley on sale ( 18-$ ebay ) for them .

also .. reading the buyer reviews from all, say that it (50mm) does control the slower rpm speed settings even better, with also adding little more torque on the bottom end of the 550 servo . same as on your old brush motors when gearing down with small pulley .

Got it found . and this is the one I am trying for little more power on the 135x17 needle walker . It is a CSM on the Consew model # .
The Consew largest for '110 volt' is the , ( CSM-3000 ) 1 HP, 750 watt , and it drawing a solid 6-Amps. for pushing power . It not bad on the pricing either, it comes-in at just @ 200-$ shipped w/ needle position sensor, on the Ebay / Paypal .

There 750 Watt 1-hp was the 'only one' I saw that was drawing 6 Amp. on the power . And 6amp is the same draw as the big electric clutch motor it is replacing . 'All' the 550 watt servo drives advertised only draw 4-Amp for power . Even that (reliable corp. model ) that advertised 12 magnetic pick-up's on there servo, only draws 4-Amp. for power .
I like the smaller 550 watt consew servo drives . So there bigger 1-HP model servo ought to do it . And If it turn's out to SUCK, then I can always put back on the old but reliable clutch motor . And then put that 1-hp servo on another machine in the shop .

I am not going to mess with mine . but looks like for any heavy duty machine your going to be punching thread-cord like #277 or #346 then it looks like your really forced to move into larger servo drive . like a 1000 Watt Servo, single-phase 220-Volt, 1-1/2 or 1-1/3 HP .
-

Adding another pulley is a way to increase the force while using a standard power motor.

Downsides to this:
1) when you want to tilt the machine head, you need to loosen the pulley and slide it up, then retension it when done.
2) the original solid steel pulley weighed 15 lbs, causing problems for the brake on the needle positioner. That's why a printed 4 lb pulley was subbed in here.

[inline pulley1.jpg]

This machine doesn't hesitate when pushing the needle through anything I've thrown at it yet.

Nice.. That is pretty sweet on that lightweight pulley wheel you 3-D printed .

I do have a gear reduction pulley set-up on my heavier cylinder bed '214x needle' sewing cord-tread . It runs great and it just chugs along and the torque is pretty big .
Thanks for posting that gear Pic. I never though of the inertia of the heavy steel pulley weight causing problems on Servo conversion with brake & needle position sensor .