Morg

Tonfly Ice

Does anyone own this helmet? What do you think? In what way is it better than a good ski helmet?

As far as i can see the main disadvantage of a ski helmet is the fact its a little bit bulky, when skydiving helmets are generally low profile and streamlined. Otherwise they are pretty great multi purpose protection.

I travel and hate carrying three helmets! I want something i can use comfortably for skydiving, paragliding, skiying and potentialy some base. The tonfly looks great, but the price is hard to justify.

I'm just about to order one. I've tried ski helmets/pro-tecs in the past & the main issue was drag when in boxman/flaring from a track. I'll put up with the price for something impact rated & engineered for skydiving airspeeds.

Yes thats my thoughts exactly regarding the drag, and just the axtra bulk in general of a protect or snowboard helmet. Snowboard helmets can be a bit snaggy to.

So yes very interested to hear your review! The only review online are typical marketing BS that just list a whole bunch of features.

Anyway take a look at these. They are a ski helmet but a racing variety, they look much more streamlined then say a snowboard helmet or a protec. They are also impact rated just not for air sports.

https://www.amazon.com/POC-Sports-Skull-Helmet-Araldite/dp/B01GTNNIYQ?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01GTNNIYQ