rjklein4470

the Peregrine Glide container

I was interested in the Glide container and called Peregrine today.

It was a great conversation, and it appears this company is building some really great quality gear.

However since they are new, I just thought I would reach out and see if those who have the container are happy with the product.

Thank you,

Rob

mark

Peregrine may be a new name, but Dave and Aggie (the designers/engineers at Peregrine) have decades of experience in design and manufacture of similar rigs.

-Mark

--------------------------------------------------------------

They both worked at Sun Path (aka "Javelin factory) for many years.

I don't own one, but saw it at PIA and was very impressed. The reserve bottom flap arrangement is excellent, with no containment for the reserve D bag. Nice tight rig, as I viewed it. ACE mard is well explained in the manual. Anything Dave S designs has to be good.

rjklein4470

I was interested in the Glide container and called Peregrine today.

It was a great conversation, and it appears this company is building some really great quality gear.

However since they are new, I just thought I would reach out and see if those who have the container are happy with the product.

Thank you,

Rob

Great gear, great guys.

Our DZ, Skydive Danielson is literally in PMI's backyard. We have landed tandems there when the wind shifted. :ph34r:

Obviously being the local manufacturer they have a good foothold here. Almost all of our student gear is Glides, much of the new gear purchased from fun jumpers are Glides too.

Everyone has been very happy with the gear and the service.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

skyderrill66

I sent them 2 different emails asking a question about kryptek cammo patterns three months ago and still haven,t gotten an answer. So if they cant bother to answer a question i will never bother to give them any of my hard earned money.

Same with me, then I followed up with a call. I told Dave about the emails, and he was not getting them. For some reason the web mail was not working. I get it, the IT stuff is hard to deal with when running a small company

skyderrill66

I sent them 2 different emails asking a question about kryptek cammo patterns three months ago and still haven,t gotten an answer. So if they cant bother to answer a question i will never bother to give them any of my hard earned money.

Emails are like messages in a bottle. We've all got used to them but you never know if anybody received them. Pick up the phone. Or don't, it probably already in your hand.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

I just got a rig from them. Very cooperative and resoonsive, the rig is very well built, and fits well and is comfortable. It flies just as I hoped it would, and looks sharp.

Pay attention to the warning about trim and fabric colors on their website. Consider asking for the samples if you're not being generic black, because they can differ.

And I wouldn't recommend ordering a rig for a really tight fit on a brand new canopy if you're packing for yourself, or if you like your packer. At least according to the packer that I used at a recent event (and I almost never use packers; way less than once a year).

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

***....... emails asking a question about kryptek cammo patterns .........
---------------------------------------------------------

Aha!
Camouflage: the bounce-and-blend of this century.

I got CADPAT camouflage on the butt of my (tandem) jumpsuit to hide grass stains. That suit is lucky if it gets washed twice a year!
Hah!
Hah!

P.S. I had to supply the CADPAT Cordura because it was so new that it was not readily available.

I got a phone call from Dave today, he said the entire rig is cut and ready to go into production. Amazing BTW. Dave also wanted to go over the colors of the binding tape, the embroidery color, and the cordura colors. He thought that all three colors were not going to jive too well.

So he called me to go over some ideas. Amazing CS!!!

I've had my glide for about a year now and I don't have any complaints. I owned a Mirage before and was looking at building a new rig when I was deciding to downsize canopies. I was trying to build an all black Mirage, but dealing with their customer service was a truly horrible experience. So a friend of mine showed me the Glide Stealth Package and it was exactly what I was looking for. Later that same year I ordered the ACE RSL and the owner of Peregrine Dave was very helpful and I think even paid for expedited shipping so I could get my rig back quickly to jump the following weekend if I remember correctly. The rig looks great, D-bag is easy to pack and I'm always getting compliments on it. Highly recommend Peregrine!

Looking at the gray bin with all the parts reminds me of opening up a plastic model ship or plane when I was a kid and looking at all the parts, wondering what it's going to look like once it's put together!:)

What's right isn't always popular and what's popular isn't always right.