cpoxon

Icarus World - press release

gowlerk

That's pretty funny because I asked one of their reps a similar question, he looked at me like I had 10 heads.

But on the same note it's also synonymous with pushing the boundaries and human flight.

I guess not everyone knows or remembers the origin of the name.

I guess this distancing ourselves as skydivers from the mythological Icarus is lying to ourselves. Reread it, remember the legend was probably told to you by a whuffo.

On 10/20/2017 at 5:07 AM, gowlerk said:

So then. The source of the confusion is the refusal of Fernando to stop using the name Icarus then. Even though he no longer has any association with the originator of the name or the design. He just can't let go? I stand by my original assessment. Idiot.

Perhaps they are now hoping that with the demise of the originator the problem will go away.

Fine product nonetheless. Good luck overcoming marketing and branding difficulties. Especially in North America. A stronger competitor is welcome here in my eyes.

Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

:)  We ended the license agreement with him in 2016 after years of avoiding payment for our royalties. In 2017 he started a new company named Icarus World.  

• Like 1