Batchelor412

Skydiving Gear Containers

Hey Can I provide some advice about what thing that meets your criteria NOT to buy? This Mammer Jammer .

I thought I would be ultra cool throwing my rigs and stuff, wheeling this in to the DZ, setting up for a good weekend and wheelin' it home.

What I didn't consider is a. with 2 rigs, its heavy b. It slides all over my truck bed unless I strap it down and c. I can't get it into our out of my house without either unloading my rigs, having another person help, or banging every corner and doorway between where I keep it and my driveway.

Lesson learned.
=========Shaun ==========

I've been happy with my Pelican 1620. It'll fit a rig (started with a V3 350) & G3 without much of an issue, if you don't have a super big rig you can probably get a jumpsuit/odds & ends in as well. See if there's a dealer around your area, you can bring your stuff and try cramming it in cases of various sizes to see which one fits best.

Works pretty well for traveling too, though I'll carry on my rig & use the space for my usual luggage. One caveat is that the case weighs ~22 lb empty, so that can take a good ding out of your packing.

I was looking at pelican cases for camera helmet, and equipment. I just couldn't see spending that kind of money. So I went with this same box and got foam for the inside. It is a bit bulkier, but works wonderful for a flattop pro, cannon rebel, extra lenses and batteries and other misc video equipment.