Cathbern

Gear Check!

take this with a grain of salt. Love your enthusiasm for the sport of skydiving, however it doesn't feel like you have the experience to be giving advice.

I am always very careful about giving advice, but I am happy to have a conversation.

so instead I would " gear " your channel to a conversation about .....

rjklein4470

take this with a grain of salt. Love your enthusiasm for the sport of skydiving, however it doesn't feel like you have the experience to be giving advice.

I am always very careful about giving advice, but I am happy to have a conversation.

so instead I would " gear " your channel to a conversation about .....

You know there was a time when the instructor was the person with a jump. :o

BTW, in the U.S. a jumper can become a rated coach with 100 jumps, and they routinely dispense advice. I think it makes more sense to just say don't give advice on any subject you're not extremely knowledgeable about - regardless of jump numbers.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Hello Skytribe

I was just saying that just looking at the bridle routing is not enough since that check is no garantee.

You have to check if the bridle (pocket side) is able to pull out the pin. To do so pull the bridle a bit from under the right flap (seen from behind) and see if it goes directly to the pin.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

Hi wolfriverjoe

The testing I have been describing happened a long time ago. I t was due to a safety bulletin about possible wrong heat treated harness rings of the 3 ring release. I choose to do the testing at the National Research Council of Canada in Ottawa (aeronautical division). It was something to see this ring stressed to 2500 lbs upward and sideward both sides. People in charge measured the inside diameter using a caliper, before and after the testing.Fortunately for me, everything was to the norms.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.