Gravityrat4

Saying Goodbye To A Brother

To the friends of Chris Salin,

We are planning memorial dives for Chris Salin at Skydive San Marcos on Saturday evening after the services and would like to invite his friends to participate. This is to include a sunset tracking dive. We would ask that someone at your DZ take ownership to organize one or several dives.

In memory of Chris,

i only meet chris once but that is all it took. me and a friend did a jump out of a 182 a few months ago and when we landed, about 5 more canopies landed with us. chris was one of them. he must have seen the very surprised look on my face-he walked over introduced himself with a big friendly smile. they jumped from the otter brought in from SM for the bigways at spaceland that weekend. he must have been a great guy.
"remember when we were in africa"

I never actually got to jump with Chris, was on a number of loads with him and talked with him around SD San Marcos and at Spaceland. Great guy, he will be truely missed.
A human cannonball, I rise above it all
Up higher then a trapeze, I can fly

I only met him briefly, but we joked a bit about his glitterball helmet. He seemed like a heckuva nice guy.
My condolences to all his friends and family.
Blue skies bro!
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."

I didn’t believe in a fairy tale love until I met Christopher. I tried not to fall in love with him but anyone who knows him understands how hard it is not to love him. He was a beautiful, kind and loving man with an amazing spirit. I never thought I was good enough for him and each day, when I awoke in his arms, I wondered how I got so lucky. He told me once that he wasn’t a perfect man. That none of us was perfect. That’s when I realize how special he was. Always finding the good in every person and in every situation. Loving them despite their imperfections. He saw right through me and loved me even more.
I thought that people where either the kind that only took care of themselves or only took care of others. Chris was both. He would always say to me, do what makes you happy and don’t worry about the rest. He did what made him happy and always made sure that everyone else was doing what made them happy. We all had so much to learn from him.
So with that I would like to read you a poem that I wrote when I met Chris. It’s called “Live Your Life”….
There is a choice you make every moment you’re awake
To live your life as if there are no mistakes
Only chances to learn and chances to grow
You open your eyes and go with the flow
Consciously choosing the path that you take
Consciously loving the choices you make
Don’t sit back and wait
By then it will be too late
Grasp life by the hand and make a stand
Only you can bring yourself down
You only hear your own sound
So tell yourself how much you’re worth