skyjuggler

Skyventure

Not a snowball's chance in hell.......
I raised this very subject with a guy from skyventure who was visiting a DZ and was discussing setting one up in the area. His response? "Have you any idea how many people want that job?" He basically just ignores the job begging letters. Even from skydivers who are also qualified engineers...:(:(:(

But hey, don't let me put you off....:)

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Is there a wind tunnel in the UK? If not where is the nearest?
There are plans for skyventure to open one in Milton Keynes (I think) later this year.
Otherwise http://www.primeline.com/~highwind/whp_links1.html
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

So it seems alot of other people have the same idea!! Is there anyone who has worked or is working at Skyventure that would like to discuss how they got their jobs? I can't imagine jump numbers make that much difference. Thomas Hughes worked in Orlando when it first opened at 16 years of age, and is now on Sebastian XL 4-way. I think he had like 400 jumps when he got on the team. So if anyone else has any advice I would really like to hear.

Did you know they pay minimum wage with no benefits?

Supply and demand at work - as it should be

(tangent - maybe the government can go in and change this and possibly run the tunnels out of business as a result - or, the demand for these jobs can naturally change and then some benefits may be realized - that's up to the rats and the potential rats to make it happen...........)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Do you know this for a fact? I have a friend that works at the one in Florida, and I know Bill, the owner very well. Might want to check your sources before saying that kind of stuff.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I suspect there is a part time vs full time distinction here at work...

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I suspect there is a part time vs full time distinction here at work...

Okay, I buy that, but that wasn't said in the post.
Some people believe everything they read here.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

LOL...getting a job there is in who you know. Network, my friend, network. At least it may get your application looked at more closely.

Jump numbers/experience doesn't matter as much as personality and physical ability to muscle people around in the tunnel...

And the pay is more than minimum wage. Not much more, but more. B|
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

really?

Finally, where have you been bitch.
Now, this is one of the people that knows her shit.

I've been fucking off/working...as usual. :)

ummmmmmm, skyventure (last i checked) did not discriminate against nor do they lean more towards skydivers than non-skydivers.

matter of fact, one of the last instructors that we hired in orlando has become an outstanding flyer in the few months he's been there (ask the members of airspeed if there's any question about THAT one). he has ZERO skydives to his name. of course, i think that should change, but whatever.

that's all i know for today...unless some other interesting comments arise for me to toss around. ;)

hope you're having a phenomenal day, mar. :) cya in a few....

xoxo,
arlo

did not discriminate against nor do they lean more towards skydivers than non-skydivers.

If they don't then how do you explain that South African/German guy they hired a while back;)

Give him a hug from me, and I'll see you very soon.

Dang, arlo! I just looked at the SkyVenture wish list and was amazed at the number of locations that want to buy into the adventure!

A couple of questions.

1) What percentage of these listed are 100% in their building likelihood?

2) In the "Amusement Park" settings, will it be difficult to pound home the importance of safety?

You know, in a skydiving setting, with skydivers running the show the safety and survival factor is already in the forefront of their minds. Will it be the same way with wuffo's running the show? It was quite impressive watching the new instructors being trained at Perris this past week. The shit they have thrown at them in preparation for the inevitable 'scoop and save' was scary! Hats off to you instructors!

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Hi Lori, I think you and I were watching the instructor training together at Perris last weekend. I'm the AFF-4 that went in-between the instructor rounds. That sure was crazy how how the real instructors made it so difficult for those in training. Kind of reminded me of the rodeo and watching them wrestle a calf to the ground.

Cheers