sbarker

Susan Waterfield

My Aunt, Susan Waterfield, passed away today after a tough battle with cancer. By the time of her death, she had 1,018 skydives and numerous BASE jumps as well. She started jumping in the early 90's. I was lucky enough to jump with her many of times, including her 1,000th, as well as BASE jumping together. This allowed her to travel the world whether it be jumping on the international date line into the water for y2k, BASE jumping in Norway, attempting to jump Angel Falls in Venezuela (until she had a malfunction and hit the water going 70mph on a practice jump), WFFC, ETC. Before her death she told all of us that she had no regrets and lived life to the fullest....and that is exactly what she did. I hope she only has blues skies from now on.

Oh my goodness, I recognize her as someone I saw many times, especially the WFFC. She was quiet, and I never really got to talk to her, which is now a regret.

Try not to have regrets, people. I'm glad she didn't have any.

Your Aunt was one cool lady. We made many Muff Brother jumps together all over the southeast. She always had a smile on her face and was up for any goofy jumps we could come up with. I remember her being on a tube jump one time. When that thing broke apart she got thrown so far from the center she was just a dot in the sky. She was still laughing when we met up in the landing area.

Good times I will miss her.

Muff Muff

Have fun and love each other
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!