Scotty Carbone

For some reason I always felt as though Scotty would be with us forever. He was a "character" beyond the meaning of the expression. I am saddened to hear of his passing.

None of us are going to last forever folks. Cherish your skydiving friends and acquaintances.

Do not "rest-in-peace" Scotty. Stir it up wherever you are!

One of the good "bad boys" of skydiving. My best Carbone memory is at the WFFC when a couple of clowns landed a Mr. Bill with one standing on the other's shoulders. Scotty got on the PA system and publically read them the riot act for being stupid. I remember thinking to myself: "If Scotty Carbone is chewing you out for doing something dumb in skydiving, then you know you have REALLY screwed up!"

Damn this one was a shock. From dental surgery of all things. After all the crazy shit I have seen and heard about his ass. BSBD my brother
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

God bless you Scotty. I always thought I handed off Z-hills to you as my successor as the party animal. Then I realized, I was never in your class. I hope and pray I see you on the other side of the rainbow.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

CDRINF

One of the good "bad boys" of skydiving. My best Carbone memory is at the WFFC when a couple of clowns landed a Mr. Bill with one standing on the other's shoulders. Scotty got on the PA system and publically read them the riot act for being stupid. I remember thinking to myself: "If Scotty Carbone is chewing you out for doing something dumb in skydiving, then you know you have REALLY screwed up!"

Ain't that the truth!

Blue Skies Scotty.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

nolhtairt

One of the funniest sights at the WFFC was Scotty driving the golf cart around dressed in a skirt, fishnet pantyhose and heels. :D

You could always tell the newbies at a boogie. They'd announce Scotty's negligee load and all these drooling guys would come running up with cameras.

Passed to the other side.

Complications after dental surgery.

We'll miss you Scotty.

[:/]

Thanks for the heads up.

Your timing couldn't be better.

I have a dental appointment in 20 minutes...?........?.........?.......?....

I made it back .:|

Almost didn't cry until we discussed the bill.

See you on the flip side Scotty

R.
One Jump Wonder

ElmoMcSpuds

***Scotty gone....and from complications from dental surgery???

He had magical immunity from dying from skydiving, alcohol and smoking. So it kind of figures it would be something stupid and unexpected that would get him...

Life is funny that way sometimes. You never know when the grim reaper is coming.

Here's Scotty landing his Barish Sailwing from a biplane at the '77 Z-Hills meet. He jumped it about 4 times and cut away 3 of them. Was the head judge (head? Who said head...?) at the infamous wet t-shirt contest. If you were there, you'll never forget that one. RIP, Scotty.

33zulu

Here's Scotty landing his Barish Sailwing from a biplane at the '77 Z-Hills meet. He jumped it about 4 times and cut away 3 of them. Was the head judge (head? Who said head...?) at the infamous wet t-shirt contest. If you were there, you'll never forget that one. RIP, Scotty.

I was there. It was my first Boogie, with less than 100 jumps. Changed my direction in life! Scotty was defiantly one of a kind. Got to know him better and enjoy his antics while jumping with him at Pope Valley, on the Super Bowl XIV jumps in 1979.
AAP