Bob BT Taylor 1948-2015

Very sad indeed! Could you give any details? I googled and found nothing?

Bob was a great friend! I last talked to him when he was doing his thing in the NW. Bob had everything to do with making me feel welcome when I moved to AZ about 71 and walked on to a DZ with less than 50 jumps and zero students (knowing no one), but the hottest skydivers in the world, doing the best RW in the world IMO! Total fandango....I loved it!

I shared many an occasion partying with Bob, and eventually his bro Jeff would join in (RIP), at his place listening to the latest rock and roll album over and over discussing it. We went to many, many rock concerts, and always tried to bring as many other divers along as could fit in his van.

Bob was one of the very best flyers I have EVER seen! Very, very FAST and SMOOTH!!! Innovative and always would stand up for what he believed even if it was an unpopular opinion! He also had the ability to let go almost instantly and not hold a grudge or be pissed-off for long after some of the skydiving "debriefs".

He was an incredible "natural athlete". A good friend of mine and I took Bob up the back way from AZ to Aspen CO in a blizzard. Bob was an "original AZ boy" an had NEVER been in snow, ha, ha......true that. What a trip! When we got to Aspen and got Bob on the "boards" and showed him how to turn.....it was unbelievable! There was Bob in jeans, open jean jacket, long hair flying, right there skiing the steeps (Highlands) with us. We skied till dark. Zemp, who could have been an Olympic skier lead the way. We did this four about 5 days in a row morning till dark. No one could believe this was Bob's first ski trip, let alone his first trip into snow.

I could go on and on, but Bob was what a true friend and skydiving mentor was about ....back in the day.

We lost "John Boy" (Willsey) about a year ago, and now Bob. A little watery eyed here.....

"Taylor Death"...... love ya, and see you on the other side.

BT died from ALS, or Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. I had to look it up.

:|

I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.