SkymonkeyONE

Rob Herrick, BSBD

long-time Deland jumper, Rob Herrick died in his sleep on Monday. He'd been dealing with Siezure Disorder for a number of years, which had grounded him from jumping. He was a GREAT friend of mine and I'm really going to miss him.

Rob was an original member of the Deland 4XB canopy piloting team and he shot video for many FS teams over the years.

I was lucky enough to speak with him on Saturday and he was going great. I"m so glad I got that chance to bullshit with him before he passed.

Many condolences to his wife Kim.

BSBD, brother!

Chuck Blue

Rob was a great guy, always so nice and polite when he gave me a greeting at the dropzone. He was the kind of guy who actually listened to the answer after saying, "hi, how are you doing?" to someone. He cared about people and had a good heart.

My condolences to his family. He is gone too soon.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Heartbreaking news.

Robbie was one of the kindest people I've ever known, and the world is diminished by his loss.

Condolences to his family, on and off the dz.
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Hi Chuck,
Sorry to hear'......It's a tough one. Reminds me of ... my old buds, Pat Swovelin and George "Dirty Ed" Edwards..both who after leading "The Life" met the reaper "while asleep!!" Life still goes on.
Blue Skies,
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Skydive Deland posted this update on Facebook. If anyone is able to help Kim with the costs of Rob's burial, please follow the gofundme link at the bottom of the post.

Hi Friends,

An old skydiving friend of ours, Rob Herrick past away recently, (not skydiving related). On Saturday, June 27 there will be memorial held for Rob Herrick at Skydive DeLand. Kim will scatter Rob’s ashes on a skydive tentatively between 3 and 4 P.M.. There will be a gathering afterwards. The family will post updates on Facebook. The family has set up a fund to help Kim with burial/ memorial cost. We have shared the link on our page
Blue Skies!

http://www.gofundme.com/x8fuww
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon