BillH

Billy Rhodes has died

News posted on his Facebook page by his daughter, Melissa, that Billy has passed away. She was notified by local law enforcement and not many more details are forthcoming right now.

What a great guy, mentor and teacher to many of us. RIP Billy. Say Hello to Don and Rick for us.

Bill Hanrahan
AFF I (thanks to Billy, Don, and a select few others)

Sorry to hear this....

At one point in my skydiving life, I felt I had not been my normal self, if I did not get kicked off Billy's DZ.....lol

Thanks for so much AFF work in your lifetime!!!

Check's in the mail......
Practice random acts of kindness, and senseless beauty...

And, give money for Mr Douglas! www.mrdouglas.org

Billy busted my balls. I normally have a cast iron gut but after the second day of the course I had the worst heartburn I've ever had.
He took this sport very seriously and always stressed safety above all else.
When you passed a Billy Rhodes course you were as prepared as you could be for the real world of AFF.
I liked him a lot,and had a huge respect for him,but hey I'm just an old logger from Washington state.

Blue skies Billy!

I still remember a course he taught in Skydive Atlanta (circa 2003-2004).... Billy teaching AFF course and he couldn't find his deployment handle, straight to silver.

On the ground we learned, if it can happen to Billy it can happen to you ....

God bless his soul ... RIP

BSBD... we are all going to die, but not today...
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

Sorry to learn this. Earned a Billyworld sticker when he banned me from the dz for a month. Never blamed him, as I did it. As a very young jumper he let me follow the 40-way out of Mr D, one of my most memorable skydives.

Blues, Billy.
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

Jumped with Billy and other Georgia guys at Quincy before he became an AFF guru. He had to buy 10 cases of beer to stay on Piras' record attempt. Sorry I never ran into him after that.

Blue skies,
madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

Lots of Billy World stories from Jenkinsburg, GA! And lots of strong opinions until the end! Billy sure was a character - and a great skydiver! I will miss his FaceBooks posts....it was always fun to see what he would post...my prayers to the family and friends