patworks

Check Out Notice for SCR-8

Life is a Hotel: People check In; people Check Out. Many of the SCR original 8 have bailed out on us already: SCR's #3, #5, #7. Now packing for the trip himself is SCR #8, Brian Williams 91 is headed out. Janner n me visited with him today. His brain is doing very fine. His sense of humor keeps close company. Happy and content with his stay and his sky times. Brian first jumped in 1951 -- freefall out of a Biplane. Later took up regular skydiving in 1960 at Elsinore. Cy & Flo Perkins turned him over to Lyle Cameron who had brian do a static line 'refresher' before clearing him for 30 second delays. about '61 he, Buquor, Cagley(sp?) and Co. formed the ParaBats Sport Parachute Club. Morphed to Arvin & history. He jumped 'til about 2003 regularly. In a Hospice, now. Fine fellow, always. He welcomes visitors. Prepare to smile.
Pat Works nee Madden Travis Works, Jr .B1575, C1798, D1813, Star Crest Solo#1, USPA#189,

That is an awesome tribute, and at the best time: when the abject can enjoy it. Thanks, Pat

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

damn you, autocorrect (well, that and typos)
That's supposed to be "when the subject can enjoy it" :$

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Such wonderful words and thoughts Pat! Thank you for saying what I wish I had the words to say and for saying all so eloquently. Brian is, without a doubt, one the nicest people I have ever known. It has been and is my privilege to call him my dear friend!

Frank Halcromb