justsomeguy

John Willsey

Sadly, only the good die young; apparently, John died from an unfortunate fall accident:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tucson/obituary.aspx?n=john-henry-willsey&pid=173809886&fhid=29425

Whenever I had visited Skydive AZ years ago, John was, to me, a golden asset to the DZ because every jump he organized turned out to be a memorable and fun one. He had the knack to plan a skydive that would suit the skill level of most everyone on the jump; and, invariably, it would turn out to be more than OK, but positvely fun!

God bless you, John! Rest in Peace.

Fantastic upbeat fun guy who went out of his way to mop up newbies and solo jumpers (I was both) and if anything, he introduced me to others at my skill level and always with that insane smile and total fun attitude.

Flail!!

Condolences to his family & friends.

BSBD John - It was always a pleasure to see you.

Sorry to hear John is gone. John was always the first to welcome people that were new to the area slide right in and party in the air and on the ground. My brother and I had great times with John, his brother Jerry, Butch Marsh and other AZ people at Marana, Coolidge, Parker and then several DZ's in SoCal. They were all on the load when I got my AZSCR.
RIP John.
Dennis Henley
SCR-216, AZSCR-41