kallend

Tom Morrison 1924 - 2014

I heard today that Tom Morrison has died following a stroke. Tom was a WWII paratrooper who jumped into Normandy June 1944 (and on several anniversaries thereof), and later an active recreational skydiver. I had the privilege of jumping with Tom at a SOS event some years back.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Another big salute to you Mr. Tom.!!!

A great loss for the skydiving community.

What a great gentleman you have always been to us along with the skydiving world.

You were loved by many, and you will always be missed by all of us, especially by Jim and me.

You always did fly free, now free fly free forever.

Lee and Jim West

I was very privileged to jump with Tom at the "Week of the Eagles" and 101st Airborne Division Reunion airshow at Fort Campbell, KY in 2000. We did a 101st Combat Veterans Jump with Tom from WWII, 1SG (ret) Billy Colwell from Vietnam, CW4(ret) and former Golden Knight Chuck Gerhing representing Special Ops, and me from Desert Storm.

Tom actually started his service as a Glider Trooper with the 907th Glider Field Artillery Battalion of the 101st. He told me of going into Holland during Operation Market Garden on a glider. The experience of the glider landing was so hair-raising that he decided on the spot that if the 101st had to make an another airborne assault, he was going by parachute! He immediately volunteered for Jump School.

Guys like Tom are special and few and far between!

Airborne, Tom and Blue Skies!

CDR

I jumped with Tom, A big dude physically and spiritually, a person I respected and admired.

Tom was in the back of a glider that landed in Arnhem, Belgium on D-day. He didn't jump in Normandy, he set me straight one night at the fire during a Herd gathering.

I was honored to know and jump with Tom.

My prayers are with you and your family Tom.

God Speed and God Bless.