SkydiveJack

Bob Sinclair

I heard that Bob Sinclair passed away yesterday at a hospital in Lake Wales, Florida. Bob was an early pioneer of “Buddy Jumping” which developed into the AFF we have today. I saw him this summer in Michigan at the Midwest Freefall Reunion. He was one of the early heroes of our sport. RIP Bob!

Such sorrowful news!! Bob will always stand as a one-of-a-kind icon of this sport. Although time has a way of taking the early pioneers from our mist, the continuation and growth of our sport
is monument to their contributions. Fly free Bob. Fly free my friend.

BSBD

The "D-ring" ripcord on the sleeve was Bob's signature invention for his "buddy jumping" system used on the Johnny Carson jump. He was using this on his students after the customary static line and dummy ripcord pull exits. After that you went on an awesome 30 second delay with Bob and just hoped you didn't screw up and he "zapped" you with a pull of that ripcord. This was Waaaay before AFF had been used to teach freefall. Bob was an innovative mind and creator of some of the early freefall cinematography techniques and equipment to name just a few. Anyone who knew Bob has a story to tell and some sort of twisted adventure to recall, even the WUFFOS loved him. Bob was extended family to me, my teacher and mentor. He and my dad, Milt Platt worked on some great projects and movies together over decades of skydiving. I remember my first freefall with Bob like it was yesterday. RIP Bob

A big loss for the sport. Met Bob when he took up residence at Cal City after moving south from Alaska. Amazing stories! You could easily do a book on the stuff he did. Last time I saw him was at Lake Wales for a POPs meet. I'd say RIP but that wouldn't have been Bob's style.

Very sorry to hear this.
Glad I got to see and talk with Bobby at Eloy one last time two years ago.
I worked for Bobby as one of his JM's at Taft in the early 70's. I still have the Ward Vene jump suit he put mini wings on for me.
RIP Bobby. I learned a lot for you.
Gong to miss your big laugh and smile.

Bob came to Lost Prairie years ago in his van. Set up camp and had lots of pictures and albums to show. Spent a long time talking to him. He'd challenge the younger jumpers to an accuracy jump competition, $1, winner take all. Didn't see him lose. No altimeter or goggles. Definitely a loss for the sport.

blue skies Bob.

madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

At Elsinore in the late 70's during the Elsinore Scrambles one of the high lights was when Bob came down and set up his 16 mm projector on the packing tables and showed films of his commercials and movies.

They are some of my special memories.

They don't make them like him any more. :(

Red, White and Blue Skies,

John T. Brasher D-5166

https://www.facebook.com/groups/743510912365436/?fref=nf
Clicky. You have to be a member of FB to look at it. But definitely good, leading with a 10+ minute conversation just last August.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Say Bob Sinclair. Say Skydiving. Or Sport Parachuting as we preferred in those days wanting to gain respectability. Bob brought a renegade activity to the era of sport. He was such a great representative to the public and friend of Parachutists.

I spent time with him at Elsinore and the Rumbleseat Bar at Elsinore. When he told a story of the old days, it was of the first days. I made a jump or two and he signed my logbook a few more times.

Blueskys Bob, they are going to love that 28 foot TU, see you in the clouds.

Bill Davis, scr97
Blueskys & Fairwinds
.. grayeagle (bill davis)
.... 1st jump 1961
...... scr97

Same here, met him again after many years. Bob had a fantastic time at the Reunion! Here are the links to the videos I made Saturday morning. 3 parts. Thank you to Texas Tom Weber and Pat Solar for waking me up so I could hear more of Bob's great true stories. Told in only the way Bob could. Rest in Peace and fly forever, Bob.
http://youtu.be/cCsSI64jW68
http://youtu.be/DGp1yB3Vz2E
http://youtu.be/ySQe5YlH6B0
Rule #1 of Skydiving: Safely Land An Open Parachute!

Bob was a character.

Met him at WFFC in the late 90's.

Geared up to make a jump with him at SDH.

Lighting and storms rolled in and shut that down.

We talked about Ripcord and what was in that old van of his......a rolling museum indeed!

Blue Ones!

Don't go away mad....just go away!