MissBuffDiver

Brad Giffin passes: chute failed to open @ Kansas Dropzone

I was informed by Brads daughter on FaceBook tonight that he made a jump at a Kansas DZ today. She said his chute didn't deploy. He had said a few days earlier that he was packing differently. Could be the reason it didn't deploy. Brad was so excited for Sunday bcuz he was going to meet his 2 Grankids for the 1st time ever...I'm so sad for his Daughter and her Kids. Brad had also said a few days ago that he'd rather die doing something he loved than any other way...This sucks...
Sandy

This is such sad news Brad always was there with a joke or story. I remember this past Christmas when I posted a picture of my altimeter on Facebook (it's my first altimeter and I was super excited to have gotten it) Brad was there to joke me saying that back when he learned to skydive that he didn't depend on an altimeter, he knew to pull when he could read the license plates of the cars in the DZ parking lot. I mourn my friend but take some solace in know that he died doing something that he loved. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

I will always remember that smile and grin as I left the plane waving at my Freak Brother Brad. He always lead the way, sometimes to an awesome dive, sometimes to mischief and the late boogie morning. He organized my FB load in Freeport and I returned the favor when he decided to start jumping after a layoff. He did all that I asked to show currency and suffered through my training and hanging harness. He used my large gear and then purchased his own. He was making new friends at different DZ's and connecting with old friends. So sad to have to talk to his family about his last day. Thank you all for your words, prayers and support to his family. They are most appreciative of that! FB 1872 misses ya. God Speed, Brad.
Rule #1 of Skydiving: Safely Land An Open Parachute!