swovelin

Mark Sechler & Bobby Smith- 20 Year Celebration

Although it seems like just yesterday, it has already been twenty years since Mark Sechler & Bobby Smith 'flew west' together. (Heavy sigh.) But I'm pleased to report that Val Wood and the Sechler family are having a gathering to honor them! The Bobby & Mark Joint Life Celebration starts at 2:00 on Sunday April 27 at the Memorial Park at Perris Valley Airport. There will be a tree-planting and photos and food and drink will be available. If you knew our old friends, "The Brahs," please come join the celebration and share a story or two.

Hi Jerry,
Thx for the tip, 'Hard to believe it's been 20 yrs. Every time I "Do the Math!" over the memory of some "event" the numbers scare me!!

'Twaz a few beers ago as I recall I was just past the fence by the swimming pool and look up to see a 20 (or so) way dumping and one jumper was doing a pretty good hum job!! There in the grass in front of the door to Sq. 1 was Allen Richter pointing up at the dirty low puller yelling "Sechler!!..Sechler!!!!" then Mark Sechler comes up behind him, points up over Allens' shoulder and starts yelling "Sechler! Sechler!!" also!! Allen keeps yelling and as he looks over his shoulder and releaizes "He's been had!!" everybody around busted out laughing!!!!!
I'll be thinking of ya'll tomorrow, raise a beer for me to Mark and Bobby.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Yesterday was a perfect day for the memorial, nice comfortable weather , High cloud cover , and Great friends!

Even Tony Dell popped over ! :)

The Conaster family out did themselves with free food, Beer , and slots on the plane ....Every time I think the Conaster's can't possibly impress me more, they step up and prove me wrong! Ben's Mark and Bobby story had everybody in stitches,,,(I am still laughing just thinking about it)

Both me and my wife witnessed their bounce, and yesterday went a long way towards erasing that last moment, and replacing it with the good times!

I finished off the day over a couple of drinks with Pat Works , no better way to finish a day at the DZ ! :)

Everyone tossed in some dirt to plant the tree , then the Memorial load went up , with the Fuax ash release , Hopefully Scott Smith or Tim Long will bring that video here soon!

Followed by one of the wildest flybys I've seen in a long time by the two otters!

BSBD Gyspy

Yes, it really was a good "gathering of the tribe" for the Mark & Bobby 20-Year memorial. Thanks to all who supported the event. Here are some frame-grabs from the memorial jump, showing Barb Swovelin deploying the faux ashes (Perlite, glitter & other goodies). BSBD Bobby & Mark!

Scott Smith did the overhead camera POV for the memorial jump. Here are some frame-grabs from his video, including the exit (I'm holding the bag and Barb is kindly holding me) and the faux ash deployment in the formation with Chris Deli Shlipp, Tim Long & Tom Brown. Thanks guys!

The video of the memorial jump is up! (Finally!) This is the "inside POV" from my helmet cam, so it's a close-up, but it does have some good moments. First you see Barb smiling as always, then you see Tim dock first, then Tom, and Chris closes last. If you want, you can scan forward through the canopy ride to watch the amusing landing. (I'm sure I meant to do it just like that!)

Here is the link to U-Tube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hSCb0Hvdto&edit=vd

I hope some smart person can make it a clicky. Thanks.